Dan's 20v 1.8T Fabia Estate

DanHarper

I actually want the ABS to work in a 200+BHP tin box thank you, it may save my life one day :)

but abs doesnt stop it any quicker just gives you control yo steer while braking and obviously not locking the wheels.

Im ny mk3 fez abs was my right foot

but if the truth was to be told if you find yourself braking and turning the situation is already got tits up anyway. still you will have your ASR if you fit the abs. you will want the brake booster and all the lines from the ibiza before you scrap it

• Like 1

If you guys want to run without ABS and do it yourself that's ok too... I'd just rather the car did it for me in a panic situation :)

but if the truth was to be told if you find yourself braking and turning the situation is already got tits up anyway.

Driving in Bradford the situation defaults to 'tits up'.

still you will have your ASR if you fit the abs. you will want the brake booster and all the lines from the ibiza before you scrap it

If it detaches, its coming off :) Don't want to leave something I later need... I can always bin the excess parts after I've got the Fabia running.

• Like 2

If you guys want to run without ABS and do it yourself that's ok too... I'd just rather the car did it for me in a panic situation :)

Driving in Bradford the situation defaults to 'tits up'.

If it detaches, its coming off :) Don't want to leave something I later need... I can always bin the excess parts after I've got the Fabia running.

Wise choice

if you intend to use a car on the highway and it had ABS when it left the factory, that ABS must be fitted and working to get an MOT pass. This includes the instrument cluster lamp which must operate to the prescribed way when the engine is started.

if you intend to use a car on the highway and it had ABS when it left the factory, that ABS must be fitted and working to get an MOT pass. This includes the instrument cluster lamp which must operate to the prescribed way when the engine is started.

Exactly.

So if the Fabia shell you are putting it in had ABS, then it must still have it after the conversion.

I'm thinking either running RS-Rs for summer and some all seasons for winter (6/6 split). If I want to do some track days I don't want to kill my road tyres, but I don't want 2 spare sets of wheels/tyres around all the time. The other option is get some good summer tyres that will cope on track (e.g. not Rainsports) and just take the hit on the occasional track days, then run full winters as the second set on an 8/4 split (where I live not having all seasons/winters isn't an option for me... I'm right on top of the hill).

How long can you run RS-Rs before it gets too cold?

decent size garage mate, looking good. done more than Jack already  :p

Not big enough sadly, finding it a little cramped doing this job with all the bits I need to store... won't have enough free space in front to do the Estate in there.

Garage was last years project, wish I'd gone another meter or so in to the garden.