tracker

SKYHAWK

me and Ben (BJB540) were talking about your trouble yesterday and it came up that either you or the scumbag left a phone in the car. I wondered if it was yours the car was located with a find my iphone app which got us to thinking; Would a cheap old iphone with that app on it with a PAYG SIM secreted in the boot somewhere work as a makeshift tracker?

It wouldn't give off a signal (I think) to a tracker locator and would only be used if the car was srolen. Keep it charged up via a hidden 12v supply.

Maybe even much cheapness with an old Android if they do a find my Android app.

• Like 1

me and Ben (BJB540) were talking about your trouble yesterday and it came up that either you or the scumbag left a phone in the car. I wondered if it was yours the car was located with a find my iphone app which got us to thinking; Would a cheap old iphone with that app on it with a PAYG SIM secreted in the boot somewhere work as a makeshift tracker?

It wouldn't give off a signal (I think) to a tracker locator and would only be used if the car was srolen. Keep it charged up via a hidden 12v supply.

Maybe even much cheapness with an old Android if they do a find my Android app.

A cheap android phone with the AVG security phone finder would work too

Google have their own Android locator, so it's free. Your only issues would be making sure you have the phone configured properly so that background data is active (so you can kick the tracking off "instantly" with a push notification to the device) but it's not burning through a ton of contract/PAYG data to the point where the one time you need to use it, it's been disconnected. If you can manage that, or don't mind paying the small contract fee instead of paying Tracker fees, you should be good to go.

• Like 1

anyone looking for 1 of these with low maintenance and low running cost this is it

http://www.trackershop-uk.com/wired-to-vehicle-trackers/enforcer-magnetic-gps-tracker

Seems expensive for a GPS tracker.

For not a huge amount more you can get a high quaility bit of kit like this, that police forces can actually track.

Find a trader and they can cut you a deal on that price too, including the 3 year subscription.

http://www.tracker.co.uk/products/tracker-locate/

• Like 1