IOS 8 update problem with bluetooth connection

Hi, new here so if this has been asked or covered already sorry.

I have 2013 Rapid, everything was fine with bluetooth connectivity between my iphone 5S using IOS7 and the car. I updated the IOS8 upgrade on Friday, and now I cant use the bluetooth connection.

It shows the phone is connected, but if I make a call, after the person answers, the dash display shows "Dial up Failled " and the handfree cuts out after about 5 seconds, but the call is still going on on the phone. I end the call on the phone, but the car now shows the call as taking place, as I only have the options of " end Call" or "Private call".

I have to shut the bluetooth off on my phone and do a full cycle of the ignition on the car to get the screen clear on the dash.

If I then switch the bluetooth back on on the phone it locks up the handsfree on the car showing an active call ( to the last person that was called ), and shows "phone" on the stereo and therefore wont play music.

I have tried my network provider for help and apple, but both have been as usfull as a chocolate tea pot. I have had a look on the web, and this problem has been reported by lots of people with different brand cars, Audi and VW amongst them. They have said to reset the "network settings " on my phone and I have unpaired and paired my phone to and from the car 6 or 7 times, and in each case I end up with the same issue.

Has anyone else had this issue, and got round it yet.

It it defo the IOS8 update and not the car, as my work phone still connects perfectly fine, as does my wifes Iphone 5S which is still running IOS7.

Any help would be more than happily taken on board.

Thanks,

Matt

Did you have to do anything with your car or phone, or did it just work as before?

No it just worked as before. It comes up on the Amundsen "**** iPhone connected" and everything is ok.

As said try deleting your phone off Maxidot and re pair it again. Also try rebooting the iPhone beforehand [emoji106]

Hi, new here so if this has been asked or covered already sorry.

I have 2013 Rapid, everything was fine with bluetooth connectivity between my iphone 5S using IOS7 and the car. I updated the IOS8 upgrade on Friday, and now I cant use the bluetooth connection.

It shows the phone is connected, but if I make a call, after the person answers, the dash display shows "Dial up Failled " and the handfree cuts out after about 5 seconds, but the call is still going on on the phone. I end the call on the phone, but the car now shows the call as taking place, as I only have the options of " end Call" or "Private call".

I have to shut the bluetooth off on my phone and do a full cycle of the ignition on the car to get the screen clear on the dash.

If I then switch the bluetooth back on on the phone it locks up the handsfree on the car showing an active call ( to the last person that was called ), and shows "phone" on the stereo and therefore wont play music.

I have tried my network provider for help and apple, but both have been as usfull as a chocolate tea pot. I have had a look on the web, and this problem has been reported by lots of people with different brand cars, Audi and VW amongst them. They have said to reset the "network settings " on my phone and I have unpaired and paired my phone to and from the car 6 or 7 times, and in each case I end up with the same issue.

Has anyone else had this issue, and got round it yet.

It it defo the IOS8 update and not the car, as my work phone still connects perfectly fine, as does my wifes Iphone 5S which is still running IOS7.

Any help would be more than happily taken on board.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi I have just got my iPhone 6 running ios8 and have exactly the same problem as you. Just wondering if you have found a fix?

Cheers

James