Dim display at night time

FabMonte

One of the things they dropped in the Mk2 as well as the Climatic Aircon for the fully manual system.

Most models tend to get more kit in later life but the Fabia got less. :)

Lee

One of the things they dropped in the Mk2 as well as the Climatic Aircon for the fully manual system.

Most models tend to get more kit in later life but the Fabia got less. :)

Lee

Climatic air con? The climatronic (is that the same thing?) is an optional extra on anythin lower than the elegance i think.

There is an option in the settings Lumi 1 and Lumi 2 ( think thats the wording )

One of them gives you the option of having the rings around the radio buttions lit at night , the other doesn't

Thats about it..............................

Iv seen this but havent played around with the settings and tried it.

This sounds very, pointless?

Climatic air con? The climatronic (is that the same thing?) is an optional extra on anythin lower than the elegance i think.

No, Climatronic is the fully electronic system.

Climatic looks the same as the manual system but instead of a hot cold dial you had a temperature dial so you could just set a temperature and the car would stay at that temp. You still manually selected fan speed and direction. Like a semi auto climate system, 

It was standard on the "2" but was dropped on the "SE" after the facelift.

Climatic on our old HPT 2

climatic1.jpg

VW use it in the Golf/Passat too.

climatic-60750.jpg

The current fully manual system means you have to keep turning the temperature up and down depending on external conditions.

Lee

Edited by logiclee

No, Climatronic is the fully electronic system.

Climatic looks the same as the manual system but instead of a hot cold dial you had a temperature dial so you could just set a temperature and the car would stay at that temp. You still manually selected fan speed and direction.

It was standard on the "2" but was dropped on the "SE" after the facelift.

Climatic on our old HPT 2

climatic1.jpg

Lee

Oh that would be better. I didnt know about that!

Yeah, id prefer it if my post facelift SE had that! Aha.

You might think that the climatronic would be better, though I find it a pain in the bum!

If there is a problem with the system, like mine has at the moment (air con keeps loosing pressure), it flashes the display about 12 times before allowing control. This is very annoying on a cold morning when the last temperature was LO and the fan speed was higher! You have to wait until it stops flashing before you can adjust.

This is just the start of my moans.

The air con compressor is continually on (so I have been told by mechanics), so I would imagine soon it will wear out quicker. Plus it is using more fuel than just having the option to switch off.

It has a mind of its own, it adjusts the fan speeds when you don't want it to.

I always run it on econ more and adjust myself manually.

Its disappointing as I always wanted climate control, for 10 years, I got it in this Fabia and dislike it! :thumbdown:

Ah. Fair enough. Maybe im best off with my manual system then. Simple and effective, does what i tell it to

The later dual zone climate systems are superb though.

• Like 1