metal grinding noise

Hi everyone,

have a 1.6 tdi Combi and today have noticed what is a quite loud grinding noise coming somewhere I could not identify yet. Have been going round the car to check for excessive heat from the brakes and there is none ( was assuming some small rock/something else may have gotten stuck between the caliper and the disk and could be causing the noise and would also create some extra heat on account of the extra friction) Does anyone have any ideas?

regards

Rui

had to move the car on the parking and no noise until after I turned the wheel / braked first time then it felt like the caliper was "loose" but still doing its job somehow..... will take it to Skoda after work as it is really doing my head in (it is still under warranty).

Usual reason is a small stone stuck between the rear disc guard and the disc. A bit of welly in reverse can get it out or sometime you can see it and flick it out with a screwdriver

• Like 1

It was a small stone alright but stuck on the front not the back well wedged between caliper and disk as initially predicted. for some reason was expecting the friction to create a lot more heat and that threw me off a bit.

thanks all anyway.