oil filler cap

laff82

evenin' all

My vrs is one of the many that likes a regular drink of oil, and also has a stiff filler cap.  In the process of loosening the cap with a set of grips last time out i've broken off top half of the filler cap so need a new one.  So question time lads and ladies, does any other cap VAG or otherwise fit that is:

a) more robust

and/or

b ) easier to undo (less prone to bouts of stiffness)

ta very much

edit - unintended smilie removal

Edited by laff82

It was damaged yes.  Cant remember the exact order of what happened when, but it was stiff, and then undoing it i or putting it back on I broke off one of the lugs (which i assume had been damaged previous to my ownership).  Any once I had put the damaged cap back on it was much stiffer to get off so I used a inappropriate tool a little too indelicately and have damaged the plastic handle.  To be honest I knew i would have to replace the cap at some stage so wasn't trying my hardest to be gentle.

I have also seen other threads about stiff caps previously so dont think it is a unique case.

In any road i found a Porsche 911 one for about £20 which looks a little more robust.  Not sure I can justify £20 + post for an oil cap so that there is the decision to make. 

My cap was a right b to open, bought a cheap one from the bay problem solved. Nearly bought the audi one myself, lot of cash for some thing hardly seen.

Don't suppose you remember what you paid or the seller, I'm still undecided the.