Sidelight change

landwomble

Hi All,

How on earth do you get to the (passenger side) sidelight to change the bulb?  I had the headlight out a while back and changed the main bulb just fine, but couldn't get my fingers on the sidelight bulb to change it.

Am I just being daft here or is there something I'm missing?

Ric

In Hella lamp units, the side light holder just pulls out from the rear (with Valeo lamps, the side light holders are on a bayonet). All Mk1 Superbs I've seen have Hella lamps - regrettably, as they're rubbish.

The holder is very tight and some people just pull on the connecting leads - not a good idea. I use a small right angled screwdriver as a hook to get the bulb holder out.

rotodiesel.

Edited by rotodiesel

I use either old tweezers or thin pliers, locking them in the holes of the bulb holder.

Note if by any chance you want to you change sidelights to Leds and use main beam for extended periods of time, vapor coming off leds' plastic and/or Pcb will foul the main beam reflector after a while, there will be a matte patch from high beam towards the sidelight. Best to use regular or blue glass bulbs only, unless you use main beam only for short periods of time.

• Like 1