Little advice please

Kevgem

Hi there,I recently got my self a 2005 mk2 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg estate and the rear wiper motor is not working I have managed to take it off and have a look at it on inspection I found the actual shaft was seized so I sorted that got it running free and greased it up and re fitted to no avale the water jet is working but the motor (nothing) problem is I don't want to go and get hold of another motor if the problem isnt the motor is there a way I can check the motor separately to see if that's the problem ? And not something to do with the arm on the colum or something els. The motor has a ( 4x pin plug on it ) if that is any help I would appreciate any advice please cheers kev. P.s why I am asking for advice my car has the dsg auto box and the oil and filter was changed in it about 40,000 ago when would it need doing again ? By the way I am having no problems with it, fingers crossed just thought I would ask so I can keep on top of things ? Cheers kev.

Sorry not shore what you mean the washer jet seems to work has it should when you push the stork away from you it jets water on to the back window, but no wiper blade cheers kev.

Thanks for your input I was hopeing someone could tell me how to check by the 4 pin plug if there is some way of testing that there is power going to the motor then that way I would know for shore that the motor is shot cheers kev.

Use a volt meter. Put the earth lead on a good contact point on the car and then put the positive lead on the loom side of the plug. With the ignition on put the positive lead probe on each of the connectors to rule out any constant lives, then activate the rear wiper to see what one is giving you a live. No live no power from fuse board. Or a broken cable.

I'm not sure if the wiper motor and washer fluid pump are fed from the same fuse but I'd check for a blown one anyway.

I've a post in the tech section detailing the fuse specifics that may help if you don't have.

If the motor shaft seizes the fuse may well have blown as the motor is overloaded.

Most times I've dealt with problematic wiper motors it's not just the output shaft seizing to the bush with rust but quite often the rust has got through to the inner workings of the gearbox and jammed the gears solid.

If you're so inclined the gearbox can be opened up, cleaned, freed off, lubed and returned to service at no cost.

But I'd check the fuse(s) first.

Thanks for the help lads, checked the wiring the way that was stated and found it was getting power when it should so took the motor apart again and got into the actual motor to find the brushes on the com where shot and even melted the plastic around the brushes so replasment motor it is.part number ( 1z9 955 711 pa5 ) if any one can help ? Cheers kev.

Thanks for your help chaps,hopefully now sorted one of the members ( crazyash88 ) as got a new motor to sell me.waighting on delivery then hopefully just fit it many thanks kev.