Unreliable Climate Control

Hi, new on here, I have a 2004 A5 Octavia 2.0l TDI elegance which has now done 143000 miles.

This summer the climate control has become more and more unreliable and now becomes inefficient in under and hours drive -  used to be two hours. This is normally resolved by switching the car to ECON for a short while until the cold air stops blowing then back to climate control. The other day which was not particularly warm, did a small journey of 10 miles and was surprised how much water then dripped under the car - starting to creep out and visible from the side.

I'm guessing that one of the key components is starting to show its age, which i accept with the mileageand use, but can some one give me a clue as to which part?

Aircon was regassed at the start of the summer and the filter replaced as well. Ir  appears i may be suffering with the fuel economy slightly as well since this problem started.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Water drops accumulating under a stationary vehicle aren't necessarily anything to worry about, it is quite often moisture in the air condensing on the cold air con pipework, this accumulates, drips and can form quite a pool depending on air con being used and moisture in the air.

Thanks for the replies, in i know water normally does accumulate under the vehicle i just felt that for the length of the journey, the ambient outside temperature compared to the setting for the climate control all seemed a bit excessive as the climate control would not have been working to hard to maintain the cabin temperature.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...