Fabia mk 11 misfire help

Pappafox

You really are going to have to stop throwing money at this and get a fully competent mechanic to assist in getting your car 

running correctly.

At the moment it just seems to be a total horrlicks or trial and error after error.  JMO.

george.

• Like 1

Hi again. Have checked with a skoda dealer and for my engine there are two  injector types

Part number  03E906031C    which should be in my car.  The other is 03E906031  without the C.   Does anyone have one knocking about or can they check in a manual to see if this is pucka.  Does anyone have a spare one to flog?

Pappafox

you really MUST get into a fully equipped Skoda Main Dealer - without any further delay. Guessology and chunk changing is a waste of time and money!!!

Doing what you are proposing is likely to add additional problems before the core problem is identified and sorted. Don't take the risk.

Do you have a hang up about going to a Skoda dealer? why the hesitation?

Pappafox

The cost of going to main dealer to have a diagnostic scan wont be cheap.

Do you have a laptop

If the answer is yes, you're can download vcds iite from Ross Tech for free, buy a good quality cable from Gendan for £20. This will enable you to scan the car yourself and see what is putting the light on.

VCDS is simple to use to obtain fault codes, the forum would then be able to offer you much more constructive advice. If you decide to follow this route, you could pm me with your phone number and I will talk you thro how ro use Vcds.

Edited by freelanderman
  • Like 1

Yes, as freelanderman says you can do for £20 what will cost £90 at a dealer.....and probably much better.

The problem with dealers are many are incompetent and all are expensive.

Example 1. 04 Fabia mk1. My daughter in law paid £90 for a scan to diagnose why the mil light was on along with juddering problems - sounds a bit like pappafox's problems..... They found nothing but still charged her £90 and the mil light is still on!

Example 2. 09 Fabia mk2. My daughter had a quote to change her rear boot lock which had failed at £100 plus cost of parts plus VAT. A total of £155, and couldnt do the job for a week.

It took me literally under 10 mins to change the lock, of which 6 mins was popping the plastic fasteners off an on. Total cost £27, done next day with genuine skoda part.

VCDS is an essential tool for all VAG cars, £20 well spent....

Edited by xman

Hi there freelander.

Yes, I have a laptop.

i've had a look at the gendan website and I can't see a free download or cable for £20.  I would certainly try this route if I can get a £20 cable and free software

I see £263 for the software etc?

Sorry what does pm my telephone number mean (pass me?)

The reason I've bee reluctant to go to the main dealer is because of the reasons xman has stated...they may be incompetent and pricey.

However, i have a car I can't use at the moment which I really want to get running again

Ok everyone just to keep you updated

You may not like this  (especially xman) but I took it to the official Skoda dealer in my town today to get a proper scan done on it.

Got a call late in the day from the service person to say I need 2 new injectors  Cyl 2 and Cyl 3.  A bill of over £500 to fit!!!

I actually drove it to the place  4 miles. 

Ok I had to switch on and off a few times as the engine management light  flashed and then stayed on and power was lost on a couple of occasions.

Would this be possible only on 1 cylinder? 

I had asked to talk to the service tech before they did the scan but they went ahead and did it.

When asked what the error codes were they couldn't say as the tech had finished for the day! 

They seem reluctant to let me have a report with the error codes on it!

I am more than willing to pay for the test and surely they should give me a report with all the error codes?

I am very,very  nervous of paying (and my christmas fund being depleted)  out for this and the problem does not go away or is resolved.

I have asked for the report tomorrow and want to go in and talk face to face with the technician.

Can you advise the questions I should be asking?

Sorry, but can you be clear please,

do they want £500 to supply and fit only 2 new Injectors?

No you were not driving the car on only 1 cylinder.

Ok at least you know something now . I'd still be tempted to send yours off for a rebuild but a set of used ones are worth a try.

Injectors rarely fail totally as I said before it's more likely the spray pattern is compromised , this will mean that occasionally the mixture cannot ignite correctly and the ecu records this