everyone with gtb2260

SKYHAWK

had vibratechnics engine and gearbox mounts on mine and used daily the dash shakes at tickover and you get increased noise throughout the cabin

after 6 months i've removed them and fitted standard mounts, i then modified the gearbox cradle so it now has no movement

i don't fit poly dogbone just modify the standard one with some silicone hose cut to take out the slack in the rubber

towards the end i hated the vibratechnics mounts, good products but no good for daily use, just replace the gearbox the body mount with new and then modify to take up the slack in the cradle with some welded on washers

Mate I had a dogbone polyBush

Did it improve ride composure and stability? Yes

Could I live with it daily? No

Hence I'm back to oem and enjoying the ride

The vibrations will do your head in I'd advise against it but each to their own I guess ;)

You could meet with a member on here or nearby to you to see what it's like? Just a thought

Edited by Jay29
  • Like 1

Superpro dogmount bush and in stop start traffic is very noticeable lol.

Fine once moving and makes things feel alot tighter when making gear changes.

I could live without but the car has already gone too far to be comfortable lol. Looking for another car and want to turn the fabia into a weekend / track toy.

Superpro dogmount bush and in stop start traffic is very noticeable lol.

Fine once moving and makes things feel alot tighter when making gear changes.

I could live without but the car has already gone too far to be comfortable lol. Looking for another car and want to turn the fabia into a weekend / track toy.

i got a toy this is my car lol so apart from vibratechnics mounts is the any other options anywhere?

vibratechnics lower mount from Jabbasport.  I am still using stock PD100 top engine mounts :D  There seems to be little point in changing those.  The engine rocking at the bottom is what you need to kill. :)

vibratechnics lower mount from Jabbasport.  I am still using stock PD100 top engine mounts :D  There seems to be little point in changing those.  The engine rocking at the bottom is what you need to kill. :)

got a link m8

Seems Jabbasport don't have it in their shop.  Might be worth calling them.

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/vibra-technics-engine-and-gearbox-mounts-for-seat-ibiza-vw-polo-skoda-fabia.html

The above is Darkside's one.  Looks the same although the frame on mine looks a little different to this one.

PS: Bonnet lifter? :P

Seems Jabbasport don't have it in their shop.  Might be worth calling them.

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/vibra-technics-engine-and-gearbox-mounts-for-seat-ibiza-vw-polo-skoda-fabia.html

The above is Darkside's one.  Looks the same although the frame on mine looks a little different to this one.

PS: Bonnet lifter? :p

is this it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibra-Technics-Uprated-Replacement-Performance-Fast-Road-Torque-Link-Mount-/360971314274?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFabia%7CCars+Type%3A1.9+TDI+RS&hash=item540b912462

BossFox ran new OEM mounts on his 270 BHP Fabia as a daily at one stage! They were alright

Going OEM is much better if it's a daily.

For the record mine was about 255bhp.

I recently sold a white VRS which has upgraded mounts and I don't like them very much, it shakes at idle.

If I was using that car as a daily I'd put that back to OEM mounts too.

Mind you, I wouldn't want a SMF on a daily either...

• Like 3

Going OEM is much better if it's a daily.

For the record mine was about 255bhp.

I recently sold a white VRS which has upgraded mounts and I don't like them very much, it shakes at idle.

If I was using that car as a daily I'd put that back to OEM mounts too.

Mind you, I wouldn't want a SMF on a daily either...

Had a Passat PD130 I was working on at work early last week, absolutely hated it! The car was shaking to hell, SMF rattle, not my cup of tea for everyday driving!

if you want big power u got to have single mass flywheel SIMPLE!

I think we all know that.

That's why on a daily driver Fabia I'd PERSONALLY stick to around the 220bhp mark so I didn't need one.

• Like 1

if you want big power u got to have single mass flywheel SIMPLE!

nope not at all i'm on Sach DMF Sach 6 Paddle and cover plate, just recently replaced the DMF while i had gearbox off the original had done 48,000 miles with the 6 paddle running upwards of 240bhp for well over the last 10,000 miles, the DMF i removed wasn't scored or burnt just had more free play than ideal

so fitted new DMF and my 6 paddle and cover (those have also done 48,000 miles) and where still within usable tolerance, with little or no wear to the plates 

if you launch your car everywhere and abuse it no doubt the DMF will die a lot quicker, but as i don't launch mine or stress the flywheel at low rpm's they will last fine

people get hung up on fitting a SMF cause they believe you have to! i hate them mixed with a 6 paddle they are just noisy and ruin the car for daily use

Any pics of this mate?

i will get my spare dogbone out and take a picture of the modification it takes about 5 mins to do and it's obvious where you slide in the silicone piece when you remove it