How far to lower my VRS....

Hi. Got some coilovers which are going on the VRS on Saturday. Just wondering how low to go.

I want to feel the benefit of better handling, but I also want to get as low as possible with out putting the sump at too much risk. What have you guys lowered yours to? I have 17" spiders and my profile is 45.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hard to say really depending on what coilovers u are fitting. It will probably be trial and error for a while.

I have Prosport coilovers and im about 10mm off the lowest on the front. I dont have any issues with the sump being too low although i do have to be careful on some speedbumps

I have ap coilovers on mine. Mine are on the lowest on the back and 5 threads from the bottom on the front. Imo it looks good but not to drive. It crashes on every bump down a country lane. I will be raising it about 10mm all round.

Im running fk ak street 3/4 wind down and similar if not abit more on the front. I avoid most speed bumps especially the raised 1s that are centered in each lane and the 1s you find in mcds car parks. It catches everytime. Sometimes bottoms out too but I like the look.

fe02b86a02c033ace55db82365fe1aa0.jpg

Not the best picture. [emoji16]

Im running fk ak street 3/4 wind down and similar if not abit more on the front. I avoid most speed bumps especially the raised 1s that are centered in each lane and the 1s you find in mcds car parks. It catches everytime. Sometimes bottoms out too but I like the look.fe02b86a02c033ace55db82365fe1aa0.jpg

Not the best picture. [emoji16]

That is really REALLY low - lol

I guess u are a 7th Dan in angling?

Only problem with the cheap coilovers is the ride suffers badly when you slam them too low. I had my prosports fairly low(struggled with some speed bumps) and the ride quality was horrendous. Raised them up a couple of CM and while still low they ride much much better.

This is how they are now.

B70tFuD.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Only problem with the cheap coilovers is the ride suffers badly when you slam them too low. I had my prosports fairly low(struggled with some speed bumps) and the ride quality was horrendous. Raised them up a couple of CM and while still low they ride much much better.

This is how they are now.

B70tFuD.jpg

Ooo i like your car mate, dig the colour

• Like 1

Jom's and pro sports and AP coilovers will not like being taken very low as they just can't handle the shock rebound. As the shock is on the limit of end travel they become very bouncy and crashy. This is what you get paying the cheap price verses something like KW's. That is not to say cheap coilovers will not work as most of the time of you only lower car 20-30mm you will get reasonable ride comfort any more and you will start to suffer.

Mine are low low on KW V2's

FK AK's are a good ride for the money.! mines around 60-70mm on the front and 50-60mm on the rear. could go more but trying to keep the wheels away from the arches :)

IMG 1866