Le Mans 2015

Toxicvrs

I would be up for that was already planning something similar with a mate of mine guess we could all join up and travel down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good which day would you be heading down? And where abouts you going from?

This sounds interesting keep me informed.

If anyone's interested it will probably be a matter of meet up on route to Dover and then only take as many cars across on Ferry as needed and we all chip in for fuel if car share kind of thing and then either camp or somewhere like a travel lodge and once the race is over it's pretty dead so slowly make our way back to homes! Will want to know by about January at the latest I guess to book tickets

• 5 weeks later...

if you are camping you need to get on it now, in fact most of the good sites are booked a few weeks after date announced.  if you are simply driving over to park up on the two days then you will still need to book parking as majority of it is done in advance, somewhere like Blue Nord is a good place to park as close to entrance and relatively to get in and out.  Also ferries book up so don;t leave it too late, i've been most years but next year ( unless Button signs for Porsche) i'll be doing Nurburgring 24hr instead.

Le mans is cracking but its nothing like it used to be, 

• Like 1

also can highly recommend going to dunkirk instead of calais and then heading down the backroads, you never see any Police and it's much more fun than heading down the payage's  with the masses.  When you come out of the port instead of taking E16 back to Calais for payage you simply head south. You'll hit the "norms" at Rouen then you will leave them behind as you head out of Rouen on the back roads along the river, 

we always head this way then stop in a cafe in a random village, 

if you are camping you need to get on it now, in fact most of the good sites are booked a few weeks after date announced.  if you are simply driving over to park up on the two days then you will still need to book parking as majority of it is done in advance, somewhere like Blue Nord is a good place to park as close to entrance and relatively to get in and out.  Also ferries book up so don;t leave it too late, i've been most years but next year ( unless Button signs for Porsche) i'll be doing Nurburgring 24hr instead.

Le mans is cracking but its nothing like it used to be,

+1 for the Nurburgring 24hrs. It's a cracking event. Only thing missing is the LMP1 cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Me n my lads go everyone other year, 8 of us this year in 4 cars.

If you're camping you'll want to ensure you have BBQ/cooking equipment and a gazebo as it can rain. If you can bring a generator + fridge too to keep your beers cold too, that'll transform your weekend - and of course, buy food and drink from the local Carrefour, dead cheap!

If you're planning on eating and drinking from the stalls in the circuit, bring alotta cash, as its not cheap.

There arn't any Travel Lodge (cheaper hotels / B&Bs) type places that are all that close to the circuit, so camping is the best option. There are some hotels and lodges further afield etc, but thats not what Le Mans is all about. You gotta camp! Nothing beats going to sleep listening to screaming V12's, roaring V8's and grumbly Straight 6's rythmatically go by (track side campsite, mega).

We always book through www.traveldestinations.co.uk as they organise everything (Ferry / Camping / General Entrance) and are very knowledgable about all the campsites, facilities etc.

Edited by rhauri