In The Former Tax Disc Holder....

aerofurb

On mine the holder is gone and the screen has been treated to an all over clean.

Couldn't wait to get rid tbh. Can't stand stickers of any sort on windows!

Cheers

Rog

Removed the Wifes yesterday an gave the windscreen a well deserved clean with AS20/20. It took all the excess glue off too.

I'm awaiting arrival of a new car in the next few weeks so just leaving mine on till it gets traded in.

Same here, never like stickers on my windows. I always tell any dealer I've bought the car from not to put their stickers on. If I turn up and they're on I wait until they are removed to my satisfaction.

At the factory I worked at last I tried a new air conditioning company for maintenance. After the first visit I found their engineers had put stickers on over 100 units. I was not a happy chap. It took them 2 days to remove them. Not a good first impression.

LOVE IT!!!!! :clap:

What a spiffingly good idea, and I was going to remove my disc holder when the tax runs out in March, but not now.  :no:

• Like 1

Can I be different; we've not bothered remove them, think the car looks odd without it :D

TP

Same here. Just picked up my new Yeti on Monday 29th Sep and just put my new tax disc on the windsreen

It's just that IMO why should someone stick things on your property advertising their company without asking you first. I don't understand why anyone would put up with it. If someone posted flyers on your house you wouldn't be very happy.

Anyway, It's a great for me having bikes. It's a right pain in the backside fitting them and changing the disc. They always get wet and deteriorate.

Edited by spottydog
  • Like 1

It's just that IMO why should someone stick things on your property advertising their company without asking you first. I don't understand why anyone would put up with it. If someone posted flyers on your house you wouldn't be very happy.

Anyway, It's a great for me having bikes. It's a right pain in the backside fitting them and changing the disc. They always get wet and deteriorate.

It's a bit of an industry norm is it not? That's why you said that you pre warn your car supplier not to put stickers on it, their appearance should not exactly be a surprise. I presume you ask for plain, non logo'd carrier bags when carrying the shopping home? ;)

Allams have looked after me for many years despite their being closer Skoda dealers - their great service is rewarded in some small part by their name being on my (former) tax disc holder. It isn't causing an visibility obstruction and has the Skoda Assist contact number on the inside. 

'Baby on board' stickers are a completely different matter..... :x

• Like 1

Aye, just having a winge. If that was all we had to worry about the world would be a better place :sun:

I agree with your observations about unsolicited advertising but what also raises my ire is the so called "designer labels". To my mind they are advertising pure and simple and I can't understand why people pay a premium for the privilege of showing the world that you've bought something that was manufactured by a well known company. It used to be called snobbishness when I was younger, admittedly that was a long time ago. :giggle: 

Has anyone ever seen a Poundland T shirt? Now that I would wear. B) 

Fred 

• Like 1

My tax is not due until Oct 2015 and until then I will keep my tax disc (even though I don't need to) since it is the very last time ever I can do it! I'm nostalgic that way so will ride it out.

• Like 2

Binned the discs and holders on all 3 cars on the 1st.

Couldn't wait to get rid

Same - cars and bike.

I have had to rearrange the other stickers in my car though - National Trust and staff car park ones.  Up behind the mirror they go!

• Like 1

The truth of it is people just can't be bothered anymore, I expect you will see loads of cars running around with expired tax discs including mine... :notme: