amundsen upgrade

My Skoda Superb has an amundsen satnav with bluetooth connection for phone.  I can play my iPhone through the bluetooth, but can only skip and rewind tracks using voice control.  Dealers said that to control an iPhone through the steering column and dashboard controls I'd have to upgrade to a higher spec bit of kit.  I've seen mates VAG cars that show track information through the display, and they can control music through controls.  What's the cheapest way that I can get the same functionality?  Does it really mean a new head unit?

Edited by brotherwarren

Has it got an MDI connection fitted in the centre console ? That's the way i have full control of music on an iPhone or ipod

With full track display etc, I too have the Amundsen unit

Sent from Richies iPad

My Amundsen+ (and iPhone 5S) shows trackinfo on the stereo and in the MaxiDOT. I kan skip numbers back and forward as well. I´m using bluetooth, and does not have MDI.

My Amundsen+ (and iPhone 5S) shows trackinfo on the stereo and in the MaxiDOT. I kan skip numbers back and forward as well. I´m using bluetooth, and does not have MDI.

Cheers GaSelle, 

My car only has the Amundsen, not the Amundsen+, thanks though.  

• 2 weeks later...

Then you have an external bluetooth module under your drivers seat (i assume, it´s under the passenger seat in LHD cars). My guess is, that you´ll need a new module to get titles and all that to work.