Disconnecting "cateyes" in the ceiling of Skoda Superb

I my new Superb there are two "cateye" lights in the ceiling. The are lit also at night, which is a nuisance to me. Can they be shut of in the software somewhere or do I have to discennect the wires?

I hated them at first (I have an Ivory interior so it emphasises it more) but now i'm used to them and don't notice them anymore. At first i could always see it out of the corner of my eye seemed like the passenger side light was on. :)

Ambient lighting, which makes it easier on your eyes when driving at night.

Correct, also illuminates the cabin to show all controls etc, a lot of trucks use them. Like Penpusher I preferred the red leds in the MK1.

I'm assuming though that if they really do bug you enough a quick removal of the lighting unit and a couple of quick snips would put the LEDs out of use. Tape over the ends and then the obvious remedial work of re crimping the wires back when getting rid of the car?

Or again removal of the lighting unit then take the LEDs out paint them with clear red model paint... Hey presto Superb mk1 cabin lights ;)

I my new Superb there are two "cateye" lights in the ceiling. The are lit also at night, which is a nuisance to me. Can they be shut of in the software somewhere or do I have to discennect the wires?

They are designed to gently 'warm' the cabin with light and to prevent driver fatigue. Stops you falling asleep when driving long distances.

• 2 weeks later...