Top VCDS mods?

Gyp

If you have one of the compatible ABS modules listed above then yes the car has an EDL. As others have said its maybe something not quite as suitable to a 4x4 but then I believe there may be other AWD vehicles in the VAG range that have XDS???

• Like 2

Had a poke round in the ABS module with VCDS today.

Found the option for XDS, so enabled it - and the coding was accepted.

Then in adaptation, there was the option for XDS setting - low/med/high. Tried setting to high - seemed to be accepted.

I'll leave it at "high" for now on the basis that I'm most likely to notice what difference it makes (if it does actually work) on my early drive to work tomorrow on Derbyshire's finest cold, damp twisty roads :)

Also changed the coming home lights to use foglights instead of HIDs. 

Question;

Can the time be increased on the 'Hill Start Assist' ?  example increase from 2 seconds to 5 seconds or indefinitely. (2WD Manual) 

Question;

Can the time be increased on the 'Hill Start Assist' ?  example increase from 2 seconds to 5 seconds or indefinitely. (2WD Manual)

I don't believe so. The only adjustment is how hard the brakes are applied. Standard then one setting for less and another for more. Mine is on the standard setting.

You'd be surprised how long two seconds is when a set of lights changes to green.... I'd be surprised if you ever took more than around a second to pull away etc...

• Like 1

So after all, this and the thread I linked earlier CONFIRM that BOTH the mods I originally suggested ARE INDEED possible on the Yeti.

I ticked the XDS box yesterday before a couple of 100 mile journeys. It took the code straight away without hassle. I must admit I didn't think of checking the adaptation options - I'll check tomorrow.

Roads and conditions weren't conducive to checking how/if XDS works but what I did immediately notice was a reduction (at all speeds) in powered steering assistance.

Whilst this might not be to everyone's taste (apparently some don't even like 17" wheels...), I like it. It really firms the steering response and feel.

No doubt, someone might tell me it doesn't actually effect the level of steering assistance level but the VW link talks of  'You'll experience a more agile, precise and calm driving performance with better traction out of bends' and I wasn't expecting a change so there was no expectation. 

Perhaps the other users of XDS can comment?

• Like 2

Anyway my last input for you all maybe some will find use of it...... The info i mentioned earlier that is located elsewhere on Brisky regarding the various ABS modules used in Skoda cars and which ones are compatible with HHC and XDS.....

PR-1AT = Electronic Stabilisation Problem (ESP)

PR-UG0 = Hill Hold Control (HHC) OR Comfort Driving Assist NOT installed

PR-UG1 = Hill Hold Control (HHC) installed

PR-UG3 = Comfort Driving Assist installed = XDS

PR-UG4 = Hill Hold Control (HHC) & Comfort Driving Assist installed

Mine was a 'BE' variant.

I'm back off to friendlier pastures.... :hi:

I had a look tonight and with ticking the XDS in the long coding and then tried it with the adaptation option set to low average*. Happy with that, noticeable difference with room to experiment. It definitely hugged the kerb tighter than normal on a wet, leaf covered, uphill hairpin right on the way to work - all done in the name of science (and safely completed with total respect for speed limits, cyclists, dog walkers, dogs, squirrels etc etc) 

On HHC, there are 3 settings in the VCDS adaptation option:

1. Normal

2. Early - start with low RPMs

3. Late - start with high RPMs and slipping clutch

Edit - see Post #72....

• Like 1

VAG must really hold the Yeti up on a pedestal as it appears it's the only vehicle in the VAG range that they haven't standardised parts on.

So anyway how did I manage to have XDS enabled on my car when it isn't even an option on any Superb of any spec???? But hey what do I know? I only drive one.

How would I go about seeing if this is an option to have enabled on my 2014 Yeti?

How would I go about seeing if this is an option to have enabled on my 2014 Yeti?

Check with VCDS which ABS unit you have from the list I posted and then that will tell you whether you can enable either of the two.

• Like 1

I had a look tonight and with ticking the XDS in the long coding and I've got the option set to low. Happy with that, noticeable difference with room to experiment. It definitely hugged the kerb tighter than normal on a wet, leaf covered, uphill hairpin right on the way to work - all done in the name of science (and safely completed with total respect for speed limits, cyclists, dog walkers, dogs, squirrels etc etc) 

On HHC, there are 3 settings in the VCDS adaptation option:

1. Normal

2. Early - start with low RPMs

3. Late - start with high RPMs and slipping clutch

Both XDS and HHC are set to normal on mine. Not really driven it on driving roads to notice the XDS but the HHC gets used each time I drive the car with all our hills. :)

Both XDS and HHC are set to normal on mine. Not really driven it on driving roads to notice the XDS but the HHC gets used each time I drive the car with all our hills. :)

I'm going to have to get my VCDS out and see if I can add XDS to my Track Day Yeti. :)

Late 2009 1.8tsi.

Great info on this post, thanks.

• Like 4

I'm going to have to get my VCDS out and see if I can add XDS to my Track Day Yeti. :)

Late 2009 1.8tsi.

Great info on this post, thanks.

Way to go, Richard... As the official test pilot for the Yeti, it would be interesting to hear what difference XDS brings in extremis. :peek:

I checked tonight due to aged brain fade and I actually had tried XDS on 'average' not 'low'. I forgot the adaptation list is often 0=average, 1=low, 2=high (previous post corrected).

Whilst I was delving, I decided to see what all the fuss was about the 'Big Speed' numbers on Maxidot. Humble pie time - I actually quite like that - certainly a good reminder if you're in a particular speed limit area. Pleased that it is then Maxidot controlled allowing easy reversion to a KPH indication if required.

I still can't find the (post fixed servicing redode) errant oil temp display though. :|

PR-1AT = Electronic Stabilisation Problem (ESP)

PR-UG0 = Hill Hold Control (HHC) OR Comfort Driving Assist NOT installed

PR-UG1 = Hill Hold Control (HHC) installed

PR-UG3 = Comfort Driving Assist installed = XDS

PR-UG4 = Hill Hold Control (HHC) & Comfort Driving Assist installed

Mine is the 1KO 907 379 AP.

So that suggests I can have UG 1 or 4 ?

Rarely use the VCDS, where do I enter the PR-UG code to try and activate it, can't see...