Please can I join? / Almost in the club!

KBPhoto

I've finally agreed a deal on a used Yeti which I'll hopefully be able to collect at the end of the month (due to my work commitments).

Sadly it's not Aerofurb's old Yeti; the trader sold that over the weekend!

But, I believe the current owner is a Briskodian (but I don't know his username).

Will the current owner please step forwards...

post-59543-0-97007300-1412960947_thumb.jpg

It's in great condition; only two stone chips to the front and minor scratch to the driver's door to touch up. Then it can look forward to being cleaned and waxed with all the products you've been advising me on ready for winter.

More pictures and info to come when I've actually got it.

One other issue that will slow things down is that the current owner is keeping the existing registration on retention (for when he buys another Yeti) and I'm going to run the lottery of what registration the DVLA assign to it.

I spoke to them today, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get any choice over the registration plate without them first assigning one and then me purchasing another one. Pity!

Do we tell him about the initiation ceremony?  :peek: .....

IIRC, Graham, this was your welcome to me, back in whenever!  I think you said Brimma was in charge of such things :peek:

True, but we could make him re-stock Bob's Corner.

Well. it's a 'Take Your Own' nowadays, isn't it? 

Being realistic, though, KBP has been around for so long that he hardly counts as a newcomer.  Just stamp his passport, someone...

• Like 1

Do we tell him about the initiation ceremony?  :notme:

In the meantime, well done.

:notme:  :peek: NO NO not the ceremony, still have the scars 6 years on  :sweat:  ;)  :D

• Like 2

^^^^^ just got back from the corner, no beer or wine but finished off the whisky ;-D

d

Did someone say there was whisky?

And I've not reached my third birthday on here yet.

WAS, but now it looks like take your own  :D.

Had to compromise a bit on what it had fitted, but I can retro fit what is missing without too many issues.

TPMS, Off-road button, xenons and rear parking sensors are there from factory. DAB Columbus (with roof shark fin / stubby aerial), front parking sensors and towbar (no towbar prep) are on the list of probable retrofits.

First will be some VCDS personalisations though: cornering fog lights, turn off the locking 'blip', etc.

I have also been torn between aerofurbs white Elegance with Columbus and sound system (more expensive) and a white L&K in Hereford (even more expensive). But I'm happy with this one and it leaves al little budget for retrofits.

Grey (Steel Grey?) wasn't my first choice, but I like it and it doesn't seem to be that common on a Yeti. Plus there are no faults on VCDS, the engine oil showed the engine to be in a good condition and there was only a minor squeak from the steering column whilst driving.

The only downsides are that it will need four new tyres in the new year and new front brake pads about the same time (although I might do them sooner). I'm going to order an oil filter and oil, not because it needs a service (its on long life service schedule and will be due roughly Spring time) but because I like variable service schedules and doing an intermediate oil change myself.

Maybe I should start my first 'project' thread......

PS: Who's Bob?

• Like 1

Sounds good.

Bob is an ex-member who liked innuendo and used to (nominally)  be sent into disgrace in his corner quite often. 

He upset a few people who are no longer here and it was suggested by others that his membership wasn't wanted here so he left.

• Like 2

Rats! TIBET I escaped from the zoo before you got there?

Anyway, such is life but good luck with the chosen one, Karl.

Thanks.

Apparently I missed Tibet 1 by a day! Quite gutted, but hope to be equally happy with my one (when I get hold of it) and start to make it mine.

• Like 1

If its an Elegance, going by the Spitzberg alloys, then it should have cornering fogs, and the alarm chirp can be turned off in the maxidot.

Elegance, Yes.

One of the Spitzbergs has a couple of scratches on the spokes which I might get refurbed as the others are all in pretty good condition for a 50k / 4.5 year old / 2 owner car. I'll be seeking advice on this at some point as they are not too severe.

I've not had Maxidot before so will have to explore what can be done with that. But as I have VCDS, anything that can't can probably be done with that.

Cornering fogs aren't, in my experience, always activated by default. Hopefully I can do so on mine.

That's what it's on now.

The current owner (the second owner) wants to keep it and has applied to retain it.

The car will therefore be given its third registration plate in four years (the first owner had a private plate on it).

I spoke to DVLA and they were quite adamant that it would have to be a random '10' are in the current style and I'd have no influence over it at all.

Even if I bought a plate (which I'm not about to) they would still have to give the car a new plate and then I'd have to apply for the transfer. Simply because they hadn't received the retention request at the same time as a plate purchase request.

It was worth a try though.

Who knows what I'm going to get now...