Please can I join? / Almost in the club!

KBPhoto

I believe that the 'ceremony' involves bending over, the insertion of a red hot poker, and a severe beating with one of Kevin Pietersen's old cricket bats

I thought I remembered something about custard and wellies :S

I believe that the 'ceremony' involves bending over, the insertion of a red hot poker, and a severe beating with one of Kevin Pietersen's old cricket bats

I can change my mind and not buy the Yeti.

Stop it all of you.

• Like 1

Thought that was the Fabia one?

Ours is much less common and is never spoken about, even by those who have been through it. We found the Scots had most difficulty with it, with those from Yorkshire and Cardiganshire close behind.

Thought that was the Fabia one?

Ours is much less common and is never spoken about, even by those who have been through it. We found the Scots had most difficulty with it, with those from Yorkshire and Cardiganshire close behind.

Noooo, not getting a round in?

I've finally agreed a deal on a used Yeti which I'll hopefully be able to collect at the end of the month (due to my work commitments).

Sadly it's not Aerofurb's old Yeti; the trader sold that over the weekend!

But, I believe the current owner is a Briskodian (but I don't know his username).

Will the current owner please step forwards...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's in great condition; only two stone chips to the front and minor scratch to the driver's door to touch up. Then it can look forward to being cleaned and waxed with all the products you've been advising me on ready for winter.

More pictures and info to come when I've actually got it.

One other issue that will slow things down is that the current owner is keeping the existing registration on retention (for when he buys another Yeti) and I'm going to run the lottery of what registration the DVLA assign to it.

I spoke to them today, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get any choice over the registration plate without them first assigning one and then me purchasing another one. Pity!

Well done :)

Maybe I missed this, but what engine has it got ?

You didn't miss it in this thread (but did in my 'Wanted' thread).

It's a CR170 Elegance with the usual spec but with sunroof & TPMS as extras.

The factory fitted spare wheel has been swapped for a lower floor & tyre gunk. I'm not fussed either way on that one.

• Like 1

Things are progressing: new V5C with new registration number has arrived with the seller.

It's not a special plate in any way I'm afraid. DVLA missed a trick of getting some money out of me there.

He'll be getting plates made up. I need to sort insurance and tax to start on an (as yet) not agreed pick up date.

My Columbus is out of the Octavia awaiting a repair before going into the Yeti. Will order new fascia from somewhere tomorrow (but not my local dealer).

Only the jumbo box left to remove from the Octavia when I can. Then that's off to auction.

Starting to get excited now...

• Like 4

Then that's off to auction.

You're getting rid of your last car at auction ?

You may get more money doing what I did (when I bought my Yeti privately!) - clean and prep your old car to within an inch of it's life, get all the documents together, then drive round a few used car dealerships and see what they'll offer you.

I was surprised at what I got - nearly £500 more than the We Buy Any Car price, on a car only worth around £3k. As much as I would have got privately. Wasn't their first offer mind, I did the "sorry that's a bit low, I'll try elsewhere" line and they asked what I wanted. In less than 10 mins I was walking out with a cheque in my pocket and getting the bus home.

Would have thought you'd get more that way than sending it off to auction, where I presume you have to pay the auction house a fee ?

WBAC valued mine at £1785.

Managed to push to £2000 in p/x (but that car has gone).

Auction house valued it at roughly £2000-2400.

Auction fees will be £160 maximum.

I doubt, having stripped out almost all the 'extras' from the car and given its condition, that it will get more than £2000 anywhere.

I might give your suggestion a try next week, but I doubt it'll yield any more than that.

WBAC valued mine at £1785.

Managed to push to £2000 in p/x (but that car has gone).

Auction house valued it at roughly £2000-2400.

Auction fees will be £160 maximum.

I doubt, having stripped out almost all the 'extras' from the car and given its condition, that it will get more than £2000 anywhere.

I might give your suggestion a try next week, but I doubt it'll yield any more than that.

Fair enough, you might not get much more.

No harm in trying though if you get the time I guess; if you get offered a good price, it's job done there and then, no risk of there being little interest on the day of the auction. 

• Like 1

Is it going up to LCA

The one out at Kington outside of Leomister? Then yes.

Will try some small dealers as muddyboots suggested if I get the time next week.

The one out at Kington outside of Leomister? Then yes.

Is it still owned by Bengry's?

We used to start lots of road rallies there, when Theo was still competing.

(Used to be near Eardisland!)

Is it still owned by Bengry's?

We used to start lots of road rallies there, when Theo was still competing.

(Used to be near Eardisland!)

It is Graham, about 3 mile from where I live.

Spent many a night watching rallies starting from there.

Theo still doing some events in a MK2 and still quick.

This part of the country has been blessed with some good drivers and navigators, Theo, Andy Burton and the like.

Not forgetting Theo's dad Bill in the Rolls Royce........:)

That's Bengry's old place!

I remember Theo doing a road rally in an ex-works Opel Manta 400, complete with the works stickers!! Nutter.

You forgot Roger Moran, who peddled a very successful RS2000 and then went on to be a very successful hill climb driver.

• Like 2

Thanks Big Rich.

I've still got 6 days to wait due to work commitments.

I've no idea how people ordering new cars can wait four months plus before getting it!

Finally standing on Platform 7 of Birmingham New Street waiting for the last part of my journey to collect my Yeti.

Getting excited now!