Recommended products for water beading on wind screen/windows?

ang9444

Hello,

My car is 3 weeks old and they must have put some sort of product on the windows from the dealer when I bought it which makes the water bead off really well and I don't even have to use my wipers lol. Any idea what products I can use to get the same beading effect?

Thanks

Jason (Devonutopia) on here was selling Aquapel, this is good as I use it, also Rain X is good i have heard

the rain X is BOGOF atm by the looks of it, thinking of going for that, is it better than Aquapel? Better value for money by the looks of it though..

used rainx for several 5+ years, the effect does wear off depending on how much you use screenwash and if you use soap to wash the screen

I normally use plain water most of the time  and 1 coat of rainx lasts 2-3 months

works well very pleased with it, was sceptical until I actually bought some and used it, now wouldn't be without it

used rainx for several 5+ years, the effect does wear off depending on how much you use screenwash and if you use soap to wash the screen

I normally use plain water most of the time  and 1 coat of rainx lasts 2-3 months

works well very pleased with it, was sceptical until I actually bought some and used it, now wouldn't be without it

gunna pick some up tomorrow then :thumbup:

I've used Rain-X and it's good for a month or so. Maybe I use my washer too much.

I'm looking at a complete glass sealant kit at the moment: cleaner, polish, nano-sealant type.

The Gtecniq kit seems to be one of the most comprehensive kits for about £30 (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/glass-cleaners-sealants/gtechniq-perfect-glass-care-kit/prod_1322.html).

Anyone got any experience with this as I think I'll be giving that a try on my Yeti in a week or so.

i use rainx as it is easiest to obtain for me, (local halfrauds) but as a you don't use that much I don't mind the premium

one thing is the rainx washer additive don't seem to do anything when I have tried it, so for me that appears to be branding / snake oil

Rain-X everywhere except the windscreen.  I've tried screen treatments but the wear-and-degrade rate is not even over the whole area and I find the varying beading patterns distracting.  So my preference is for a completely clean screen, with good wipers. JMO

you do need to give the screen a really good clean before applying the rainx or it doesn't last long at all

the ability to driver 50mph or more without needing wipers wears off in a few weeks , but the ability to cause the water to bead lasts several months but it is a steady decrease in performance

Jason (Devonutopia) on here was selling Aquapel, this is good as I use it, also Rain X is good i have heard

Yeah, although currently using Trico View which comes out the same place.  Use it on the mongrel to good effect.  Stuck some on a BMW Z4 earlier today and hoping to hear good feedback from the owner later in the week as weather is rubbish,

Prep is key though.  I machine polished the glass (having already snowfoamed and decontaminated earlier), then cleaned with a foaming soda/bicarb laced cleaner.  Then the caplet of trico view made a really good seal (or at least it appeared to) - One caplet did the front screen and rear screen.  (Officially 2 square metres per caplet) - funny how far a little caplet of liquid will go.

DSC_0017-1.jpg

• Like 1

went for rain X in the end and it's well worth the money, BOGOF as well for £6.99, will probably last me a while so definitely happy with it, rained an hour after I applied it and didn't even have to use my wipers at all lol

went for rain X in the end and it's well worth the money, BOGOF as well for £6.99, will probably last me a while so definitely happy with it, rained an hour after I applied it and didn't even have to use my wipers at all lol

Just hope it doesnt cause the wiper judder that it did when i used it

• Like 1

seemed okay today but only used the wipers once, so far so good haha, next thing I wanna do is get an HID kit but a bit short on money atm and hinted to my girlfriend that I wanted one for xmas but not sure I wanna wait another 2 months..

I had that problem as well. I started using a clay bar/towel after that to clean the window, and have had no problems with wiper chatter or seeing out of the windows in rain.

• Like 1

I found Rain X smeared quite a lot after a fresh apication when using the wipers at slow speeds.

I almost looked forward to it wearing off...

• Like 2

I found Rain X smeared quite a lot after a fresh apication when using the wipers at slow speeds.

I almost looked forward to it wearing off...

I got fed up of it after a week or so. Got the auto finesse glass cleaner out. That seemed to sort it haha

I've been using the spray bottle of Rainex cleaner so I clean and treat all at once. Found that just doing small areas at a time helps, seems OK to me!

I tried that first. It didnt seem to last long though.

Maybe im just unlucky with the rainx

I can highly recommend Autobrite Hellshine Ghostrider.

It is on both cars in our household has given 4-6 months each application with good prep and careful application. So not applied lots of coats in the 12 months or so I have had it but the 100ml bottle is still nearly full. For me another league to Rain X.

No wiper judder, water starts to move after 30mph, clear screen at 40mph.

• Like 2