Skoda Yeti Rear Lights

adam110

Hi,

I have a 2013 'Yeti'

I replaced the rear lights with new genuine LED ones. They work absolutly fine apart from the warning bulb light is on. 

Took it to the dealer they were unable to code the lights they said there was no retrofit kit and no codes available. I put back the original lights but bulb warning light still stays on. I have had to book the car in with the dealer to resolve this problem. 

Is there a way of putting the new LED lights on the car. 

You will need to add a resistor to each lamp that has an LED instead of a bulb.

That way the ECU "sees" the proper resistance in the circuit.

I suspect that the facelift models have a slightly different lighting ECU.

• Like 1

I had the same issue on my Skoda Superb.

See this thread...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/317380-skoda-superb-mkii-pre-facelift-led-rear-light-cluster-conversion/

The interesting point you have is that when you plug the original non-LED clusters back in the blown-bulb error remains illuminated?

Have you reconnected them up correctly?

On my (2011) Superb the warning light went out as soon as I refitted the original clusters back in.

If a bulb blows it triggers the warning. Replace the bulb to extinguish the warning light.

In your example you have in theory replaced the blown bulb by refitting the original clusters which is why I'm wondering if you have refitted them correctly since the warning light remains on?

Edited by silver1011

The dealer could not remove the warning light they are waiting for technical advice from Milton Keynes. Hopefully have the car back tomorrow. 

I fitted the lights correctly back, everything on the lights worked fine. Tested all the bulbs. 

I'm no VCDS expert, but having done a quick search it looks like taillight clusters have been replaced by similar LED items in a variety of VAG cars that have had them available for a longer time (e.g. R32 clusters for the Golf) and the fault codes have been successfully coded away through VCDS (e.g. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=597793&postcount=87). I would guess that something similar could be done for the Yeti, I would be surprised if your garage could not figure it out.

I'm no VCDS expert, but having done a quick search it looks like taillight clusters have been replaced by similar LED items in a variety of VAG cars that have had them available for a longer time (e.g. R32 clusters for the Golf) and the fault codes have been successfully coded away through VCDS (e.g. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=597793&postcount=87). I would guess that something similar could be done for the Yeti, I would be surprised if your garage could not figure it out.

The dealer tool is, in some ways, more limited than VCDS. It performs specific tasks in a pick from a list style. So they can't necessarily do things like you do with VCDS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

To code the car for LED clusters requires changing byte 18 in 09 central electronics, which is hidden. Very risky if you don't know the correct code or the original code.

The Superb can be coded to run LED rear lights, but only on 2012 > models, incidentally this was when the L&K was introduced which was fitted from the factory with the LED clusters.

I'd imagine the Yeti will be the same, the ECM's on older Yeti's won't be able to be editied to run LED clusters.

Can you recommend where to buy these resistors from and which ones to opt for, require good quality ones to avoid any further campus issues etc. 

I bought these, not the cheapest but made in the UK. Waterproof heat shrink rather than cheap plastic...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310224122302?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_1286wt_1141

I had a look tonight with VCDS but didn't see anything obvious for the LED tail lights. Sounds like Silver has sussed it or the LED units have resistors built into them. 

I'm sure someone here bought OEM LED tail lights and installed them. I'll have a trawl.

Edit:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/319341-retrofit-facelift-taillights/?hl=%2Bskodadop+%2Bled#entry3823253

So, same again - error lights on.

Interesting subject this regarding the F/L Yeti rear LED lights.As far as I am aware Skodadop are the only aftermart seller for this product, and if you go on their website the description as to whether they work on the Pre F/L is pretty vague to say the least. I know Superskoda where going to release a set but so far nothing has been forthcoming. HTH

Tony

Interesting subject this regarding the F/L Yeti rear LED lights.As far as I am aware Skodadop are the only aftermart seller for this product, and if you go on their website the description as to whether they work on the Pre F/L is pretty vague to say the least. I know Superskoda where going to release a set but so far nothing has been forthcoming. HTH

Tony

Superskoda also stock them

I blow the control module so I am not happy. Dealer has given me a contact number to a electrician who may be able to help with the installation of the new LED lights. Dealer can not install them or modify the car as they must offer a 2 year guarantee/warranty policy.

Guys don't try what I tried and failed. The control module was not cheap to replace. 

Edited by Gizmo68
non freedom advert removed

The OE LED lights do indeed have a PCB with several resistors mounted on it, your old control module may not support LED rear lights, install a later F/L controller and it should be possible to code it (but as has previously been mentioned it’s under byte 18, where the code is hidden behind the “00” mask, so proceed with caution.

If you wish to sell on Briskoda then please join freedom.

Dealer said I need part number 1K0 937 086 R but instead should I order part number 1K0 937 087 AK or 1K0 937 087 H (this part number superseeded my part number 1K0 937 086 R - well thats what I have told). Can someone advise what I need to do????? I notice that the last letter is different. All the part numbers are priced the same. 

My car is 2013 model with from daylights and directional xenons etc. 

If I install part number 1K0 937 087 AK like Gizmo has on his 2014 L&K with OE LED rear lights will my LED lights work ok.

HELP. 

For now the dealer has disabled my passenger front side light and reverse light which otherwise stay on permanently until I replace the module which has blown. The warning bulb light is no longer displayed on the dash because the lights controlled by the damaged module have been disabled. Phew. 

I have to buy a new module not covered under warranty, all the modules are priced the same. If I buy 1K0 937 087 AK then I don't need to fit any resistors and dealer can code the car correct? If I go back to the original fitting then I need to fit resistors etc! The dealer said he will code the car free of charge. 

Or the simple and safe route is to take what Llanigraham is suggesting. What would you guys do?

The garage have said to replace the module like for like. They will code the car to original specification. They have given me a number to a electrician who does mods. They have told me to fit resistors to the lights etc. The dealer will not code any module that is different to the original vehicle specification.