Best way to get a Shark remap?

Whether having a map at HQ, a dealer or via STS it's still us in Mansfield doing the map, so whichever is the most convenient option for you, you can be sure you're getting the same thing. Thanks!

Quick question about getting a remap... 

If you remap the car then, further down the line, do further mods (exhaust/intake etc) would the car need remapping again to get the best out of these? 

Its my understanding that a stage 1 etc is a generic map.

When I had my stage 1 remap done, I also had the EGR mapped out and blanked.

Optimising a map for further mechanical alterations would require a custom map.

Again, perhaps Shark will chip in (see what I did there?) with the realpolik.

Or give them a bell, nowt like a chat to sort out questions.

Haha, there was someone on here selling one, but it isn't available any more. That's because I bought it!

Bought the box, and then bought a stage 1 from Shark, and swapped maps myself via the STS. All that was involved was to copy the existing map to the STS box, download the map file to the computer, email the file to Shark, ring Shark to pay for the new map, and upload the returned files (performance and immobiliser) that Shark sends by email to the STS, and finally upload the performance map to the car. Very easy, and well, well worth it.

I honestly cannot believe the difference the remap has made to the car.

Mike

Soooooo tempted to get one!

Phil

+1.

Mine came with the big wheels and sports suspension - completely pointless on the car as it was.

The tyres are very wide, fortunately they grip better than I need. Not had any scrabbling yet.

I still find just cruising along, the MFD indicates an improvement in consumption, despite travelling faster.

I'm sure you will find the whole experience as satisfying as I do.

I'm sure in about 2000yrs, the map will have paid for itself. It justifies itself every time I drive it.