Vcds trickery

Ah right, when Barge said he set the door lock over 10mph, and the anti hijack, i thought it was something else!

Edited by mac11irl

Nope, that's selective locking.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Selective locking/anti hijack. Same thing. Stops someone jumping into the passenger seat when u climb in your car and hijacking you. Ideal in south africa i imagine

• Like 2

Selective locking/anti hijack. Same thing. Stops someone jumping into the passenger seat when u climb in your car and hijacking you. Ideal in south africa i imagine

No, because anti hijack locks all the doors when you set off to stop someone getting to the vehicle if you stop at say traffic lights. With selective locking your drivers door or all doors stays unlocked until you lock it/them.

No, because anti hijack locks all the doors when you set off to stop someone getting to the vehicle if you stop at say traffic lights. With selective locking your drivers door or all doors stays unlocked until you lock it/them.

Regardless of what i call it, still a handy feature.

Anyone know what else can be done? If anything...

Regardless of what i call it, still a handy feature.

Anyone know what else can be done? If anything...

It's two separate functions. :)   Selective unlocking merely brings on/off the ability for all doors to remotely open with one click or two.   Anti hijack is where doors lock at 10mph and unlock when key removed from ignition. :)  Selective unlocking is changed in the 07 coding, the anti hijack is activated in the 10 adaptions section.

• Like 1

Both stop help stop a hijacking tho. One by keeping all doors locked once above 10mph and the other by keeping the other doors locked while your climbing into the driver seat stopping someone opening the passenger door. Serves a similiar purpose IMO

I have the windows auto open and close . I can't say it is a great mod as because you have to hold button till windows open or close fully , 3 times now I walked out of range and windows left open. Twice over night when it chucked it down with rain:(.

I have the windows auto open and close . I can't say it is a great mod as because you have to hold button till windows open or close fully , 3 times now I walked out of range and windows left open. Twice over night when it chucked it down with rain:(.

I couldnt find the option or coding for that on vcds. I can do it with motordiag. Need to do it on this new ccu

Hi, could you please tell me how to do the selective locking and anti hijack via vagcom. I've a friend with the system but he isn't sure on how to do them, thanks.

Also, can the auto windows via fob be done via vagcom alone?

Hi, could you please tell me how to do the selective locking and anti hijack via vagcom. I've a friend with the system but he isn't sure on how to do them, thanks.

Also, can the auto windows via fob be done via vagcom alone?

2nd question = No

1st question = module 46, coding, add or subtract 1 from the number to deactivate selective locking - VCDS will prompt you with coding options if its original.  In same module 46, go to 10 adaptions then I think its group 5 and 6 for "auto lock" and auto unlock" change the 0 to 1 to activate each.

• 4 months later...

I've just bought a 2002 golf Mk4 (to add to my 2 fabias) which had 00258 set in module 46 (the comfort module). Problem was one click only opened drivers door. Two clicks on the remote did nothing more. Two turns of the key in the drivers lock did open all doors as did a press of the door unlock button on the armrest. VCDS prompted +00001 (ie. 00259) for one click opening. Changed the short code and now all unlock together on one click. So seems to be similar across the VAG range.

Thanks to this thread!