iOS 8 and the bolero

Hi! I saw another thread, who's problem with the bluetooth and iOS 8 was fixed with a network settings reset. It doesn't seem to work for me, nor does deleting the phone and re-pairing with the system. 

I certainly can't be the only one with the issue? Also, it shows no network signal when full in the phone, and sometimes it shows as trying to make a call, but no call is being made. Additionally, when trying to make a call after re-pairing, it shows a message as no signal and disconnected, but the phone continues to make the call! Totally baffled.

Hi! I saw another thread, who's problem with the bluetooth and iOS 8 was fixed with a network settings reset. It doesn't seem to work for me, nor does deleting the phone and re-pairing with the system. 

Yeah, it worked for my iPhone 5s.  However, I then went and bought a 6+ (my weak willpower combined with an Apple Store that actually had one in stock is not a good thing for my credit card balance  :think: ), and no matter what I do I can't get it to work with my Columbus.

I am led to believe the fix will be in 8.1 (devs with access to pre-release builds of 8.1 say the fix is there), so I am waiting on that now.

Yeah, it worked for my iPhone 5s.  However, I then went and bought a 6+ (my weak willpower combined with an Apple Store that actually had one in stock is not a good thing for my credit card balance  :think: ), and no matter what I do I can't get it to work with my Columbus.

I am led to believe the fix will be in 8.1 (devs with access to pre-release builds of 8.1 say the fix is there), so I am waiting on that now.

Yep, I'm on a 6+ too. Great phone! Bit annoying though. I have prowled the interweb for perhaps a firmware update for the bolero with no luck. Hope 8.1 fixes the niggle.

Yep, I'm on a 6+ too. Great phone! Bit annoying though. I have prowled the interweb for perhaps a firmware update for the bolero with no luck. Hope 8.1 fixes the niggle.

It is indeed a great piece of kit... I've merged iPhone + iPad mini into one device, which suits me better.

MIB firmware is dealer only, and then only if they are instructed to do so by SUK/the factory as I understand it.  In any case, it's not the car that is the issue here, it's iOS, so a firmware update wouldn't help anyway.

It's weird how it affects some and not others. I had a 5s with iOS 8 connected to my Bolero and it was performing fine, just as it was on iOS 7. I purchased a 6 plus last week with the same iOS 8 (and then 8.0.2 a day later) and it's been fine.

It's weird how it affects some and not others.

Indeed.  It has also worked for some for a few days, and then just stopped working for no apparent reason... there doesn't seem to be any logic behind when it does work and when it doesn't, which has me slightly concerned about whether an iOS update will actually fix the issue permanently.

Mine's got completely confused (iphone 5 ios8 & bolero).  When I connect my phone the bolero seems to think that I'm in the middle of 3 calls.  I appear to be dialing one number and this number shows on the maxidot.  Accepting or rejecting makes no difference.  Meanwhile the bolero is telling me that I'm dialing my answer phone service - twice (and shows the other call too). Here, I have the option of the red telephone on the bolero but that doesn't respond.  If I try to make a call it says I need to end one of the active calls first.

I've tried repairing and resetting the bolero but as soon as I reconnect I'm greeted with the same three calls again.  The phone is fine.  My wifes phone works fine.  I just cant find a way of clearing these 'calls'!  I think this happened when I lost network connections during a call.  I then tried again with no luck.  I then gave up and waited until I got home.  The next time I tried to use it I found it in this state.  Any advice appreciated.  Thanks

Mine's got completely confused (iphone 5 ios8 & bolero).  When I connect my phone the bolero seems to think that I'm in the middle of 3 calls.  I appear to be dialing one number and this number shows on the maxidot.  Accepting or rejecting makes no difference.  Meanwhile the bolero is telling me that I'm dialing my answer phone service - twice (and shows the other call too). Here, I have the option of the red telephone on the bolero but that doesn't respond.  If I try to make a call it says I need to end one of the active calls first.

I've tried repairing and resetting the bolero but as soon as I reconnect I'm greeted with the same three calls again.  The phone is fine.  My wifes phone works fine.  I just cant find a way of clearing these 'calls'!  I think this happened when I lost network connections during a call.  I then tried again with no luck.  I then gave up and waited until I got home.  The next time I tried to use it I found it in this state.  Any advice appreciated.  Thanks

Ditto with me too! I'm downloading the 8.1 update, so I'll throw in an update when I find out :)