Can you go stage 2 with the standard 4x4 downpipe and twincats ?

downpipe on octy 4x4 and tt 225 are very different due to octy having a k03s and the TT/s3 a k04. octy is rear mount downpipe and TT/s3 on the side.

Cat's look very similar on both.

Downpipe on original octy 4x4 has a woefully small bore just after its mounting so is better off in the bin for stage 2.

I think you may have same downpipe as TT 180 as that is a K03s turbo. But not sure. I think the 4x4 downpipe is not as restricted as the none 4x4 models but still not a great design to keep for a stage 2. I will expect mappers to tell you to change them.

Thanks guys I will look into the 180bhp tt sports cat to see if its the same fitment, I might be able to retro fit an Octavia vrs sports cat as it got the same turbo and get a custom center section made locally . 

I think you may have same downpipe as TT 180 as that is a K03s turbo. But not sure. I think the 4x4 downpipe is not as restricted as the none 4x4 models but still not a great design to keep for a stage 2. I will expect mappers to tell you to change them.

OOOHHHHH yes it is :p

I'll post a pic of my removed stock 4x4 downpipe. Bore is around 1.5 inch max at a guess near the turbo!!

I'll post a pic of my removed stock 4x4 downpipe. Bore is around 1.5 inch max at a guess near the turbo!

lol ok :clap:

I could not remember off top of my head but true the std downpipe are restrictive anyways...

I'll post a pic of my removed stock 4x4 downpipe. Bore is around 1.5 inch max at a guess near the turbo!!

Its also heavily constricted just before the twin-cats

Replacing the downpipe but leaving the stock cats wouldn't give much of an improvement imho

I have all these joys at the minute. Once I have finished making my exhaust manifold I'm on to the downpipe... 3" all the way through hopefully :sweat:

Down pipe is ****, cats are good for 350bhp+ in fact the rest of the exhaust is not too bad either just the stupidly restrictive DP especially if you get one of the really doggy flex pipes. I have posted a pic in the past but can't find it now?

Turbo back with decat is the way to go but mot emissions not so easy to pass without LPG :P