Anyone getting flashed at night?...

...or is it just me. I get flashed regularly at night. They think I've got full beam on but I don't. It's a 58 S-spec so no s****y lights. 6 monthly mot's and I have mentioned it. I do keep the alignment knob at it's highest setting but I've done that in every car I've driven and it's never been an issue.

Not that I really care cos I always get that moment of smug satisfaction as they draw level and realise their mistake [emoji56]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Are both your headlights operational, no blown headlight bulbs to be warned about?

Do you have your front foglights on?

Does your Superb have the cornering front foglight feature enabled? Could other drivers be confused into thinking you have your foglights on?

If not then your headlights are misaligned. It doesn't take much, poor bulb seating, a small knock or bang or a headlight has been replaced previously.

Regardless of this if you are regularly being flashed then you are dazzling other road users and you have an obligation to put things right.

All MOT test centres and Skoda main dealers have the correct equipment to re-align the headlights correctly.

I just noticed that you use your Superb as a taxi. Are you getting flashed when carrying passengers / luggage? Any weight in the back of the car will lift up the beam of light projected from the lights. This is what the adjustment is for next to the headlight switch. You need to adjust your headlights down if your car is loaded to avoid blinding oncoming vehicles.

Buy a Superb with bi-xenon headlights next time, they have self-levelling headlights :sun:

Edited by silver1011

I have not had any problems, when taking delivery of mine the only trouble I had was lack of illumination on dip. The high beam is fine so I swapped the dip lamps for + 90's and that sorted it. I also turned off the daytime running lights.   

Edited by Laurie61

...or is it just me. I get flashed regularly at night. They think I've got full beam on but I don't. It's a 58 S-spec so no s****y lights. 6 monthly mot's and I have mentioned it. I do keep the alignment knob at it's highest setting but I've done that in every car I've driven and it's never been an issue.

Not that I really care cos I always get that moment of smug satisfaction as they draw level and realise their mistake [emoji56]

Have you double checked that both your headlight bulbs are positioned / inserted correctly in the holders? If they are why not swap cars with a mate and drive past each other on the road to see what your lights look like yourself....

Or if not just ask a mate to drive towards you etc... to see what they say your lights look like???

Have you checked if the lights are in "travel mode"? If so, they are based on right side driving... (or left side, depending on wich country you bought the car)

Settings in Maxi-dot, lights

6 monthly mot's mean correct alignment and s-spec means no maxidot.

Did the swapping cars with a mate thing and they looked ok but it's the best response so far waveydavey [emoji1]

I'm not really after hard answers guys. It was meant more of a tongue-in-cheek observation that I guess I should've made clearer from the outset. Apologies to everyone taking it more seriously than I intended.

• 1 month later...

<sighs deeply> s-spec means no settings. However, I do have the old style lamps which come with that little metal lever (the tourist lever) that chops off the left hand edge. It was news to me after 145k miles and dozens of euro trips! I have been driving with this lever in the uk position, so extra light on the kerb but why this would blind oncoming on the right is still a mystery. I shall leave the lever on euro setting and see if it majdptamw difference.