Massive Power Loss 2.5 v6 TDi auto transmission

Hermon

• 5 weeks later...

IMG_2523_zpsw7saf4sa.jpg

IMG_2524_zpscu6mzdbo.jpg

these are the two fault code i found on the car. does anyone know if this is why i do not have power in my car ?? 

the mechanic says it might be the fault with my transmission whole together! :( . He says there is something called gear ratio sensor kit. if i change that things will get fixed !... i was told by another garage that getting a refurbished transmission for the car will be better and cost effective! . i do not know what to do at this moment! .. :( can some one help? 

i changed transmission oil..oil filter..cleaned EGR valve...intercooler pipes...changed the air filter..cleaned mass air flow sensor...re-did the turbo even.. no help.. car still crawls...i dont kno what to do at this point..................................

Edited by Hermon

i can drive the car around no problem but there is absolutely no power with it !! :(  :sweat:

here is a pic of her just for the sake of it... -_- 

IMG_2555_zpsytpqg98b.jpg

The computer for the transmission is in a tub under the UK driver's carpet - much like the CCM.  If you had water on that side then perhaps you have an intermittent connection for the TCM.

But I would read your problems like this (I am not a mechanic)...

1) engine has some issue 

2) transmission is complaining because it can't always get sensible results from engine.

I can't see that replacing your mechanical transmission would resolve those faults...

If you clear those faults, do they come back quickly?

The computer for the transmission is in a tub under the UK driver's carpet - much like the CCM.  If you had water on that side then perhaps you have an intermittent connection for the TCM.

But I would read your problems like this (I am not a mechanic)...

1) engine has some issue 

2) transmission is complaining because it can't always get sensible results from engine.

I can't see that replacing your mechanical transmission would resolve those faults...

If you clear those faults, do they come back quickly?

i did clear every fault that came on VCD's ....i went for a quick drive after clearing the fault and then scanned it again. and all those faults re-appeared again. !! Clearly i have no clue as to what i should do further. ... car is in my garage at home...but i wish to fix her up...dunno where to start actually

• 2 weeks later...

i have octavia had the same problem like yours .............i can tell you to check clutch plate,pressure plate and flywheel ..............it can also cause rpm to reach high but not torque ......best of luck

Edited by hello222

• 2 years later...
On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 02:46, Hermon said:

IMG_2523_zpsw7saf4sa.jpg

IMG_2524_zpscu6mzdbo.jpg

these are the two fault code i found on the car. does anyone know if this is why i do not have power in my car ?? 

the mechanic says it might be the fault with my transmission whole together! :( . He says there is something called gear ratio sensor kit. if i change that things will get fixed !... i was told by another garage that getting a refurbished transmission for the car will be better and cost effective! . i do not know what to do at this moment! .. :( can some one help? 

i changed transmission oil..oil filter..cleaned EGR valve...intercooler pipes...changed the air filter..cleaned mass air flow sensor...re-did the turbo even.. no help.. car still crawls...i dont kno what to do at this point..................................

Hi I solved my problem in my Skoda superb v6 there was problem in turbo and egr vacuumed pipes therefore my suggestion is please check your car egr and turbo vaccume line and switch and broke the both convertor sand your fault will go away and also if u need my help you can ask me any question

This topic is over 3 years old with no response from the poster as to status.

The fact that the auto transmission was dangerously low on fluid will have significant impact on driveability and the slipping clutch symptoms are directly related to that.

Having no power can be engine related.

Putting your foot down and the transmission slipping so no power is transmitted is totally different but could be reported as having no power.

It did sound like the op had 101 problems but no.1 would have been get the auto fluid replaced correctly then see how the car drives which is something that was never done in this thread as his local garage seemed to always be waiting parts.

• Like 1