rearview/backup camera.. anyone?

berre

Hi all,

anybody fitted a rearview/backup camera (don't know the correct name)? Any recommendations? Experiences? Worth it?

looking for a good one with night vision if possible

(only looking for the camera, I've already decided on headunit/display)

cheers

B

Edited by berre

I used to have one fitted a few years back,I removed the boot lock/handle mechanism and opened up the boot lock hole and then fitted a boot solenoid to open the boot,it was more work than I intended but it worked well :)

You can sort of see it in this old picture

DSC_0082.jpg

I notice you have/had parking sensors as well,were they oem or aftermarket? they look to be "sunken" on the picture, many of the aftermarket ones are sticking a bit out which I don't like

cheers

b

Any reason why? The misses will start using the octi and she needs a parking aid :-)

I would like to avoid having to install parking sensors that is why I was looking into a reversing camera but if it's useless for parking I won't be bothering off course...

Thanks