Water leaking into Cabin.

Hi,

I have a Skoda Superb Elegance model 2011 (Diesel 170bhp) 4 door sedan for the past 3 years. It was a Delaer demonstrator that I bought nearly new. This is my first Skoda vehicle. 

I recently notcied that there was water pooling in the front passenger footwell (soaking wet). My initial impression was that I may have left the window slightly open but confirmed that all windows and sunroof were tightly closed. Driving back homethat evening I could feel water drenching mee form the roof and realised that there was water coming from the handle above the drivers seat near window. This however stopped and I could not detect any furhter leak. A couple of days later while driving I noted water dripping down from the passenger side visor handle and have photographed it. I therore took it to the local Skoda dealer at Basingstoke, who agreed to look into it and charged me initially £49.00 for the work . I agreed and left the vehicle with him. However he rang up a couple of hours later to say the work would take longer and added a further charge of £98.00 and said the vehicle would be ready only the following day. I did not have another choice and therefore agreed to that. However he rang u the next day to say he would have to work an extra hour and charge me a furhter £98.00. He then told me the problem was the sunroof had dirt blocking the drainage channels and clearing this was the solution. However when the sunroof is retracted the edges dont seem to have been wiped recently. During this process I did contact Skoda UK to explain my situation and I thought the time and cost was prohibitively disproportionate but they flatly refused to listen to my views saying if the retailer had said so then they will agree with what he has said. I have paid and left with a new scratch on my boot flap from the dealer as well. (£244.00 for this experience)

First, is the cabin leak a common problem?

Second, do Skoda owners have no other recourse from such poor customer service?

Third, Can I prevent this problem of water leaking into the cabin. What should I look out for?

All cars with a sun roof will have drainage channels around the sun roof. The water that collects in those drainage channels is usually carried away by small tubes attached to drainage holes in the front corners. These tubes usually go down inside the A pillars and discharge the water under the car.

Sometimes these tubes become blocked with debris and water building up goes over the edge of the drainage channel and into the roof lining. It then finds its way down into the car by whatever route it can. Cleaning these tubes can be a tedious and time consuming task, because getting at them can be quite difficult and you have to ensure that they are properly fitted when you finish or more leaks will occure. The good news is that once the job is done, if done properly, the leaking should stop unless things block up again at some time in the future.