It had to happen.... Stone chips!

Well, after 16 weeks of ownership it had to happen.... Stone chips! I suppose I have done well really going this long :) 

A very small one on the front edge of the bonnet

One on the drivers mirror

One on the front wing

and one on the rear wing....god knows how that happened...

At least they are small and touched up well using my Chipex Kit .. teach me to clean it..... 

I suspect three of them are all from today... the council resurfaced a road I go down with those stupid chippings a few weeks back, which I avoided for a while, but  I thought that most of the loose stuff had gone... some idiot in a Honda S2000 decided to overtake about 6 cars today and I heard things hit the car....

Pity I can'r sue the council...I hate those bloody chippings...seems a complete waste of money as most ends up in the grass verge... 

Oh well... facts of life, stone chips...

Stuart

Sorry to hear about the stone chips. It is going to happen if you drive it though!

How did you get on with the Chipex?

My Yeti has two or three (that I spotted when I test drove it) that I was thinking of touching up with Chipex before sealing the bodywork for winter.

Would be good to hear real world experience.

Sorry to hear about the stone chips. It is going to happen if you drive it though!

How did you get on with the Chipex?

My Yeti has two or three (that I spotted when I test drove it) that I was thinking of touching up with Chipex before sealing the bodywork for winter.

Would be good to hear real world experience.

I have had Chipex kits for my last 3 cars, they are very good... They are not 100% perfect but they do seem to do a much better job than a normal touch up, just put a "blob" on the chip let it dry then clean the area with the kit seems to fill the chip quite well if you take your time... 

As I say if you want 100 % results it is a spray job... Lol

I would recommend them.. 

Only 4 - you should look at the front of mine, now having done 80k plus!

I will be expecting more Lol 

• Like 1

Council had to dig up my road two years after spreading loose chippings, the drain pipes had blocked solid with them. So that saved money then!

Sounds about right for the council.... I noticed when they did this they left the pot holes! 

Speaking of potholes they did some repairs on the main road by us, not sure how they flattened it, I think they either used the back of the shovel or a roller with a square wheel... rough and uneven is an understatement, it shakes hell out of you when you drive over it.... you can see the ripples!

Just had a look on the ChipEx website and will bear in mind as/when i get any stone chips on the bonnet etc...  Had a couple of chips low down on the bumper which i've just used a normal Skoda touch up kit on as they are so low down etc....

They are very good, I think it is just the fact you "blob" the paint on the chip so it stands very proud on the body... the solution the provide then "levels" it off better with the surrounding paintwork.. very easy to use and good value really.. The colour match is good as well...

Thanks for the tip Stuart, I'm starting to accumulate a few chips on mine and a bit nervous to mess around with some of the products you can buy off the shelf as I've had mixed results before. At least ChipEx offer model specific colour matches which is somewhat reassuring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk