Octavia mk1 want to change front end to mk2 face lift

Joe41

Do you mean put a facelifted MK1 front end on a pre-facelift MK1? Because a MK2 front end is never gonna fit onto a MK1 as they are two totally different cars.

Yeah I think so with the indicator incorporated into it the octavia I am getting is a late registered mk1 2008

Yeah I think so with the indicator incorporated into it the octavia I am getting is a late registered mk1 2008

Totally different cars so no chance. The mkII is based on the mkV/VI golf whereas the mkI is based on the mkIV golf.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Totally different cars so no chance. The mkII is based on the mkV/VI golf whereas the mkI is based on the mkIV golf.

Right I think the octavia mk1 was face lifted is that right with a new front on it with the indicator together with the light

Right I think the octavia mk1 was face lifted is that right with a new front on it with the indicator together with the light

Original mkI came out in late 90s (glx, slx spec), facelift mkI came out around 2000 (classic, ambiente, elegance etc spec). mkII came out in 2004 and was facelifted in 2009/10. FL mkI carried on being sold as the Octavia Tour (Taxi spec) until about 2008 ish.

I dunno why, but I thought the bonnet might have been very slightly different between the pre and post FL mk1s.  Also isn't the slam panel different as well?

I dunno why, but I thought the bonnet might have been very slightly different between the pre and post FL mk1s.  Also isn't the slam panel different as well?

Lights, bumper, grill and slam panel are definitely different and I think the bonnet may be different too.

Lights, bumper, grill and slam panel are definitely different and I think the bonnet may be different too.

Glad to knew I wasn't imagining things :-)

I don't have any pictures just now but I will show you one breaking on ebay which is the same this is a picture of the car I am getting ebay item number is:251665222974 and the car I am wanting if possible to change the front is ebay item number:321550811436 sorry about ebay pics don't knoe how to put pictures on.

I don't have any pictures just now but I will show you one breaking on ebay which is the same this is a picture of the car I am getting ebay item number is:251665222974 and the car I am wanting if possible to change the front is ebay item number:321550811436 sorry about ebay pics don't knoe how to put pictures on.

No, they are completely different cars.