Old new grille

I posted this in the what did you do to your Skoda thread, but it may get swallowed up in there so I thought you may like to see it here..

newgrill1_zpsbac31bf0.jpg

newgrill3_zpse8d72180.jpg

White carbon wrap, with black carbon badge.  For my first attempt at anything like this I'm pretty pleased, couple of tiny sketchy bits that are only visible on ultra close scrutiny, and no joins!  What do you reckon?

Dipping is probably least hassle, was a bit of a fiddle doing this but quite rewarding, took about an hour all in including removal of the chrome surround.  Wrap may be more stone chip resistant and easier to change in future, plus the whole lot was £25 including badge (with a decent quality wrap).

The badge was kind of a result of lack of choice as it was tricky to find 80mm in that logo style, I really wanted the black and silver but didn't want to pay much, anyway end result is that, and I think it looks alright.

Great effort and effect there buddy well done.

Certainly different to have a white frame. Not sure it is my cup of tea, need to see full car to get a better impression.

It is a kinda Marmite one this i think :D ..

Love the carbon badge, that is cool. 

Cheers.  It is my fear that it is the only white thing on the car, might whiten some other bits to balance it out, but don't want to overdo it.  I just thought that light colours go well with yellow, but the chrome was too much for me.  Black, matt and black carbon has been done on other cars and looks good, but just thought I'd go the other way.  It's a tricky one yellow, I think anything you put with it will be slightly divisive.

Plus I got my remap remapped (long story) and it's now a smidge over 220 bhp and running very nicely, so I reckon it's fast enough to get away with the colouring ;)

• Like 1

Cheers.  It is my fear that it is the only white thing on the car, might whiten some other bits to balance it out, but don't want to overdo it.  I just thought that light colours go well with yellow, but the chrome was too much for me.  Black, matt and black carbon has been done on other cars and looks good, but just thought I'd go the other way.  It's a tricky one yellow, I think anything you put with it will be slightly divisive.

Plus I got my remap remapped (long story) and it's now a smidge over 220 bhp and running very nicely, so I reckon it's fast enough to get away with the colouring ;)

lol.

If you don't mind where did you get the black carbon wrap

cheers

Mark

There was some decent quality 4D wrap on ebay also for like £8.50 a sheet (1 metre by half metre-ish)  There was cheaper, but thought paying a little extra would be a good idea, that's where I got the white, other colours are available.

I've got a spare chrome surround in my shed if anyone is looking to have a play without risking the one on their car...

I had painted it black, but it chipped, so I removed it to repaint and messed it up and never got round to finishing it properly, so I put the old one back on.

I sold the car 12 months ago, so its now surplus to requirements.

• Like 1

Again, initially not my cup of tea, but with other white bits it could look good! Maybe white mirrors and bump strips? yellow and white can work...549541_234179553413122_2073387420_n.jpg

I was thinking white mirrors, not sure how easy they'd be to wrap, I've got some white carbon left over. Not sure my talent (or lack of) would stretch to that, suppose it doesn't do any harm to try wrap, can always bin it.

White wheels would work with yellow

Get on that one! I think you should go for it with the whole colour scheme to prove it can be done and look good! Could always get the mirrors and strips painted instead of wrapped.

Get on that one! I think you should go for it with the whole colour scheme to prove it can be done and look good! Could always get the mirrors and strips painted instead of wrapped.

I'm probably more up for the wheels than the mirrors, plus little touches like a white carbon wrap splitter...hmmm will think on.