Auxilary heating question, cabin cold?

Hi, I got myself a Octavia 1.6tdi cr, 2011 a few months ago, its equipped with a Aux Heater wich is almost a must have here in the north of Sweden where i live. Ive had Volvo v70 diesel before and when i ran the aux heater on that one, both the engine and the cabin was heated, cabin really heated even :)

its like -2 c here in the mornings and when i run the heater now the engine gets hot ofc, but the cabin, not so much. Is there some setting i have to fiddle with? I have heating set in maxidot btw. 

Are this heater mainly for getting the engine/water/oil/whatever heated up or should i be able to get the cabin hot aswell?

Is there any difference if i start the aux heater with the remote control or via the maxidot settings? I almost always use the remote now. 

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, is there maybe another part of the forum where i should have posted this instad of here? Can you point me in the right direction? Or if some admin can move the thread? 

There must be someone in here that has an answer to my question :)

It just that the majority of the forum members are from the uk and we don't get the option of a auxiliary heater here. There are some members from other European countries that might be able to help though. Try searching for other auxiliary heater threads and if they can't answer your question at least you will find other people with the equipment that you could send a message too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not uncommon for the heater element to burn out I think. A check wth VCDS will tell you if there's an issue with the element.

Edit: Unless you specified the underbonnet chuff burner which just heats the coolant rather than the cabin?

Edited by Rustynuts

I have searched the forum as best I can but havent really found the answer for my specific question. Maybe ill give it another go and ask in such a thread. 

Rustynuts: How do i check wich one i have? It feels like it should be the "bigger" one because it controls/starts the ventilation system aswell. If i need to replace the heater element, do u know how much will that set me back aprox? With installation (if its not super simple and i can do it on my own).

EDIT: If the element is burnt out, shouldnt that affect the engine/block heating aswell? Because that seems to work, always at 90c when i come out after 20-30 mins of running.

Edited by kahn

The cabin heater is an electric element in the aircon/blower system. It runs (from memory) 2Kw electric power into the element which then has air blown through it. Just like an electric fan heater.

aux-heater1.gif

The block heater is a Webasto unit which burns diesel and generates heat input into the coolant system which warms the engine block much quicker.

aux-heater2.gif

PTC heater yopu cannot control flexible...it goes ON while Climatronic putted on MAX heating...etc in cold morning and then in a minute you have a hot air from vents. (Heater drow then huge ammount of current...)

And..it can broke down...and not function...

Webasto you program with maxidot or manual turn ON with remote....

Edited by Nickolaidis

On my Superb (Swedish spec) the aux heater gets both the engine and cabin warm.

Have you checked that the setting in the maxidot is "heating", not "ventilation"?

Perhaps that could cause the engine to heat up, but not the cabin?

Otherwise I guess there is somthing wrong with the cabin heater coolant control valve, as you mention that the fan is on.

Lycka till!