front wishbone bush

Cooke

So found out today the rear bushes on the front wishbones have to much play in them. Is it worth spending the money and putting powerflex bushes in. I have found them for £60 on ebay is there anywhere else worth looking for them ? Cheers

Ahh good job I asked ,save me some money haha what's the difference between the two ? psb and meyle ? The plan with the car to go hybrid and do a couple track days also arbs and lower it abit. Not sure if that will make a difference between the 2 makes or not (or if I will notice it)

Ahh good job I asked ,save me some money haha what's the difference between the two ? psb and meyle ? The plan with the car to go hybrid and do a couple track days also arbs and lower it abit. Not sure if that will make a difference between the 2 makes or not (or if I will notice it)

The PSB ones are poly bushes that have a sort of plastic bearing in the middle which moves with the suspension. I had them on my car but found that they transmitted more road noise and gave a bit harder ride. The Meyle ones are similar to the original bushes but much improved.

Fitted a few psb ones, can't say I noticed a difference between them and the cupra ones other than them being much easier to install.

Yeah but I went from standard Skoda ones to PSB. They weren't that bad really but I'm quite OCD about stuff like that.

Yep, they look the same as the ones I've previously fitted. Have for a few members of the forum as well, everyone likes them.

It's a bottom wishbone bush so won't affect things like road noise to much, but as people have said... Going from a crappy flexible rubber bush to a solid bush will make a difference.

Similar problem on mine. MOT time, one rear rubber on front wishbone has excess play, other (advisory ) has started to split. Found them locally at a price that suits my strained finances at moment. ( Tax, insurance & MOT all this month). Any tips on getting the new ones back in ,or is there a guide on here on this .( Searched, but can't find any).According to Haynes, the bush holder is detachable, but does detaching this affect any geometry ?

or is there a guide on here on this

This is for fitting the solid Cupra ones but it's the same process http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/92625-fabia-wishbone-bush-replacement-diy-guide/

If fitting the PSB ones, you don't need a puller, they just push in by hand or with a few taps from a hammer and a block of wood if they're a bit tight. When I fitted mine they went in about 3/4 of the way then I had to tap them home.

• Like 1

This is for fitting the solid Cupra ones but it's the same process http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/92625-fabia-wishbone-bush-replacement-diy-guide/

If fitting the PSB ones, you don't need a puller, they just push in by hand or with a few taps from a hammer and a block of wood if they're a bit tight. When I fitted mine they went in about 3/4 of the way then I had to tap them home.

After having a look at that would it not be worth my while to change all the bushes on the wish bone as it's gotta come off anyway ?

After having a look at that would it not be worth my while to change all the bushes on the wish bone as it's gotta come off anyway ?

The front wishbone bushes hardly ever need changing. Up to you of course but most people only do the rears.

The front wishbone bushes hardly ever need changing. Up to you of course but most people only do the rears.

This. ^^

I replaced my front fronts with powerflex, I needn't have bothered, they didn't make any difference and the old bushes were still in perfect condition.

From Haynes, itb would appear that the mounting bracket for the rear bush is removable . Anyone comment on this, as it might be possible to get locaL ENGINEERING PLACEto remove and replace bushes in the bracket,or at least, I could hack out the old ones and fit PSB.

From Haynes, itb would appear that the mounting bracket for the rear bush is removable . Anyone comment on this, as it might be possible to get locaL ENGINEERING PLACEto remove and replace bushes in the bracket,or at least, I could hack out the old ones and fit PSB.

Yes it's removable and some people do it like that. If you look at this page you'll see someone doing it that way... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/92625-fabia-wishbone-bush-replacement-diy-guide/page-7

• Like 1

Yes it's removable and some people do it like that. If you look at this page you'll see someone doing it that way... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/92625-fabia-wishbone-bush-replacement-diy-guide/page-7

Thanks, mate. Thought it might.Never saw the need to batter down the front door, when it was easier to nip in through the rear.

For those looking for replacements, http://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/product-details/Front+Wishbone+Rear+Bush+/508.html.

I checked with a distributor and ,yes ,a pack does both sides at £32.94. Bloke I spoke to at distributor sounded well genned up ,and he'd done a few golf & polo ones. I've done a few of this sort over the years and I hate them. I could get the proper rubber bushes for half that, but for £20 ,is it worth the hassle trying to fit the new ones.  And if taken to a machine place , it would possibly cost at least £"10 to press out and fit the new ones.

Never saw the need to batter down the front door, when it was easier to nip in through the rear.

Conversely I prefer to smash the back doors in before nipping around the front.  :clap:

Edited by sepulchrave