First Service at 15,000 klms

Hi Guys

Picked up my Superb on July 10th 2014. Apart from the car pulling to the left when I got it and after a lengthy minor battle with the dealer, the two front tires were replaced. Although, I still not entirely happy as it feels that the car tends to drift to the left still and I feel as if the left front tire is not wearing as well as the others.

Anyway. there is almost 14,000 klms on it . First service at 15,000 klms

What should I expect on the first service?

Hi Guys

Picked up my Superb on July 10th 2014. Apart from the car pulling to the left when I got it and after a lengthy minor battle with the dealer, the two front tires were replaced. Although, I still not entirely happy as it feels that the car tends to drift to the left still and I feel as if the left front tire is not wearing as well as the others.

Anyway. there is almost 14,000 klms on it . First service at 15,000 klms

What should I expect on the first service?

Oil change, fluid level checks etc, nothing major really on the first service.  Its mainly visual checks but I would get them to rotate the tyres for you at this stage as they will probably be roughly 50% worn now (if you're lucky!).  My left tyre has worn more than the right one too.  Make a list of any niggles beforehand and get them checked out of course.  Mine is at 30k kms and in for its second service tomorrow plus tyres down to the thread marker so a new set of those this week as well!

Not a lot is the answer. As Superb170 says it is basically a fixed/minor service, the bulk of which is fresh oil and a new oil filter.

They check your washer fluid, lights and tyres and have a quick look underneath and that's your lot.

I'm guessing Ireland don't participate in Skoda's national pricing policy but you can see here what is covered under the two main services...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/servicing

thanks guys

oh : I would hope I would get more that 30,000 klm before I have to change the tyres. (continental sports)

(because they were changed, the front tyres have 2000klm less than the back )

Yeah, that's what I thought with the conti sports as well.  I don't push it too hard either and I'm on decent (ish) roads.  I think you'd be lucky to get 35k kms and I'm told a lot of Superbs and Passats on 18s are coming back with sub 25k km!!. Most of the 18s are softer compound tyres as they are built for performance over longevity.....  Did you get any free servicing thrown in when you got the car BTW or do have to have to fork out for servicing straight away?