Octavia vRS lower grill panel for fog light access

A pheasant challenged me to a game of Chicken at 60mph. He lost the game, but he did dislodge my fog light. I spent ages trying to remove the lower grill to gain access but had no joy.

I got home and had another go using a cloth and screw driver and worked out a way of getting it off easily without causing damage.

I filmed a tutorial in the hope it will save someone a headache or stop damage being caused by doing it wrong.

Follow the link to youtube if you need to remove the lower grill corner panels to gain access to either the towing hook or fog light.

• Like 1

Luckily for me the pheasant didn't take out the fog light, just dislodged it so I needed to get my hand behind to clip it back in. I can imagine what the headache it would have caused if I had to replace to unit, bulb or do anything other than clipping it back on.