Skoda Citigo Radio Reception Issues - Aftermark Speakers Fitted - Dealer Won't Fix.....

Ryanfozzie

Good evening all!

Long time reader, first time poster. I have a White Skoda Citigo Greentec 2014 (14) SE 1.0 (for those of you that want to know) :P

I have some issues and have been messed around and will be out of pocket. So sorry for the story below, but it explains everything in the best way possible.

I have had my Skoda Citigo for around 4 months now, and I love it. It was a prebuilt one, so I could not add the entertainment pack. In August, I really wanted some rear speakers fitted. I looked far and wide and came across someone on Gumtree that does car audio work. I'm not going to post a link to the add as slating them may be naughty. Anywho, we agreed on a price, and a deposit was paid on PayPal for the parts. I delivered my car to the chap, and that evening I collected it. Pressured on the spot I drove away after testing it. The rear speakers were too big for the parcel shelf and looked shocking, I mean so poorly fitted for someone that claims to be an expert. Went back, he tried to refit them (not much better, and refunded me £15). With the £15 I bought (and paid a fair amount more), for a new Parcel Shelf and in my own time I would fit the speakers in the parcel shelf. Anywho this is not the main issues.

As with many, I have had reception issues with my Skoda. I have had the base unit replaced and still no luck. I dropped my car in on Saturday and today they called me saying how the terrible rear speaker addition will mean they will not work on anything to do with the radio under warranty. Fair credit to them. Instead of using audio tape, they used parcel tape. Instead of using the speaker connector (something I was promised,), they just pushed the wires into the radio. In short, Skoda will no longer look at my car and do anything with the radio for free. Annoyingly I have had this issue since day 1, but with the poor job that has been done, it is a way out for them. They said speak to the person that fitted the speakers. Surprise surprise, they are unhelpful and saying I went to someone else that must have caused the damage, something I have not. Skoda stated when they did the work, they did not unplug the aerial which has stretched it. Had the issue before the audio work, but I guess this does not help. I paid the deposit for the speaker stuff on PayPal and have lodged a claim for that. The person that fitted the stuff is being so unhelpful that I have been mugged off truly. Crap installation, voided warranty, a large expense to be.

Just really want some help on what I can really do? I threatened the guy with legal action, but I can see this not going anywhere as I did email him when accepting the car I was happy with it (however unable to tell the true extent of the work till now).

So again, can someone please help? I just wanted some rear speakers and now I do not know what to do :(

Please see below some of the quality work. Is there anyone in London or the South East that would lend me an afternoon on the weekend. I would drive to you with a replacement radio, so Skoda cannot say that is the issue, and just to tidy it up really. I know I am out of pocket here and do not know what else to do. Oh and also hey charged me an extra £10 for the proper connector to the radio that turned out to be false. Thus the rear speakers are not showing.

To be honest I would love if someone could help me fit the rear speakers correctly where they should be. I know this is a big ask, but from my reading over the past 4 months, you are all a helpful bunch!

See picture below....

IMG_0485.jpg

Holy cr*p, I hope that "installation" guy gets shut down. That´s a serious piece of amateur work there! The rear speakers are not showing in the radio, because he just connected the wires to the front speaker wires... :notme: