Oil sensor warning light and diesel particle Filter

Hi all got my superb mk1 back a couple of weeks ago new oil pump .Turbo etc not exactly cheap.luckily there was no engine damage !!!! .now the oil sensor warning light is coming on approx once a week and also  the diesel particle filer light is now on all the time local garage said give it a good blast down the motorway to shift the particles in the exhaust to extinguish it ,just wondered why the oil sensor warning light comes on the oil levels ok and no leaks wondered if it was owt worth worrying about the mechanic said it could be a bit of moisture around the connection any ideas ?

As you have warning lights there will be codes stored.  You basically need to get the codes read as that will be the biggest clue.  Moisture around the connectors sounds like BS, to be honest... unless they cleaned it with a pressure washer (?!).  If you want to try and do it without involving the garage, see if there are any members with VCDS near you (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/224376-vcds-owners-map/).

You might be low on the fluid for the DPF, or you might have a blocked DPF (did your oil exit via the turbo and through the exhaust?  Had you previously driven around a lot with the DPF lights on?) or it might not have been put back together right.  Codes will help no end in diagnosis. :)

• Like 1

As you have warning lights there will be codes stored.  You basically need to get the codes read as that will be the biggest clue.  Moisture around the connectors sounds like BS, to be honest... unless they cleaned it with a pressure washer (?!).  If you want to try and do it without involving the garage, see if there are any members with VCDS near you (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/224376-vcds-owners-map/).

You might be low on the fluid for the DPF, or you might have a blocked DPF (did your oil exit via the turbo and through the exhaust?  Had you previously driven around a lot with the DPF lights on?) or it might not have been put back together right.  Codes will help no end in diagnosis. :)

the DPF light only came on once b4 i had the engine sorted it came on 3 weeks after , i only do short journeys i dont think that helps a diesel engine . the oil sensor light only came on after the engine    repair ,i assume like you suspect there is oil in the exhaust as i looked at the turbos the mechanic showed me was totally siezed up i did wonder if thes fault code readers are any   good off ebay to reset the codes

Resetting the codes won't help you find out what is wrong! :)  Some of the VW specific code readers are quite good, but the "gold standard" is hooking it up to VCDS.  Hope you get sorted.

Resetting the codes won't help you find out what is wrong! :)  Some of the VW specific code readers are quite good, but the "gold standard" is hooking it up to VCDS.  Hope you get sorted.

ok thanks