Audi A3 alloy wheels...will they fit?

Evening gents!

Looking at replacing my dented 17" Zeniths with something newer and more importantly rounder  :notme:

The current alloys are 7J x 17  ET54 with 225/45/17 tyres.

The A3 replacement alloys will be 7.5J x 17 ET56 with 225/45/17 tyres.

After having a quick poke around and sticking the wheels on full lock to get a better look I can see roughly a 20-22mm gap between my current alloys and the strut. With the new alloys they would sit 8mm further into the arches...is this asking for trouble or should I be ok?

The rears seem to have more room behind than the fronts anyway so hopefully they should be fine.

Any help  is greatly appreciated!

Mike

Edited by Darclite

Yeah theyre 112x5 so thats fine, its just the proximity to the strut I was worried about.

I'll buy em, try em without the tyres first and if needs be buy some 3 or 5mm hubcentric spacers.

you'll be fine with those wheels, no clearance issues.  i ran 8 wide et45 wheels and there was loads of room - youre new wheels are only 3mm different on the inside vs. mine so should be fine.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers peeps!

Got em in the mail this morning and tried one on the car, leaves about 12mm from the back of the alloy to the strut...no worries haha!

Just plasti-dipping and tyre swapping to do now.