Superb MJ3 (3T) OEM Alarm retrofit

Hello,

As our SuperB does not have a factory fitted Alarm (DWA) I decided to fit it myself.

I allready sourced some parts and some waiting.

Question is if someone did this retrofit on this car and can give some advices or technical hints, some schematic or component location ?

Cheers

Having a car alarm doesn't seem to have any effect on cutting insurance premiums from quotes I've seen, and it would have to be a hell of a discount to justify the cost in parts and time in fitting it over the life of the car anyway. Since car alarms spent a lot more time creating noise pollution than they ever do deterring criminals, you're a lot more likely to attract complaints from neighbours if it goes off accidentally than you are to make your car safer. To give the Skoda OEM alarms due credit I only had 3 or 4 false alarms in 5 years in my Octavia. To have the same deterrent effect as an installed alarm just get window stickers saying an alarm is installed...

If on the other hand you're installing something that allows you to track the car via GPS and will phone/text you when it detects a break-in or moves without your permission and allows you to shut the car down remotely, then you've got something genuinely useful. Spending time and money on the standard alarm adds little if any value to the car.

Thanks to modern immobilisers though, most cars are stolen by breaking into the owner's house and stealing the keys or by carjacking, neither of which an alarm is any help with. The only people who steal modern cars without the keys tend to be professionals for whom bypassing the alarm poses little challenge.

Edited by psycholist

Thanks to modern immobilisers though, most cars are stolen by breaking into the owner's house and stealing the keys or by carjacking, neither of which an alarm is any help with. The only people who steal modern cars without the keys tend to be professionals for whom bypassing the alarm poses little challenge.

I suppose the question is if the car shipped without an alarm does it come with a factory fitted immobiliser?

Pretty much everything made since at least 2000 has an immobiliser as it's part of the engine management chip. It's the reason replacement keys cost so much (Not because they actually cost a lot, but because the dealer network are the only people who can officially code them)... You can't just go to the key cutters and get a copy made anymore.

Edited by psycholist

Yes Eddie, this is known. My doubt us only at momment in physical pisitioning of siren itself...on Octavia MK2 (maybe and on Golf MK5) siren is on a inner side of a side wing, above the wheel but on SuperB 3T I think it is on different place to go.

Somewhere bellow a windshield wipers... searching for more info now....