Concrete Blotches

kidology

As stated builders concreting near me yesterday back spoiler and parts of roof covered in blotches will it need a repaint size of 5p pieces. Car black magic looks terrible. As i work nights did not notice till today.

Good find

As said...I would show the builder the result of their 'building' before you do anything

Tell them that you will be buying a product to remove it and tell them they will be receiving the invoice

I would also take pictures, in case you need to take it further.

I would love to show builders as the car is not parked near my house, i live down a lane did not know who did it till i washed vehicle this morning thought it was just dusty.

Does the said product leave any markes as may try before i see some painters and there views and  opinions.

Shouldn't think it leaves any marks if used correctly:

Autosmart Congo is a new product designed to effectively remove Concrete from vehicle paintwork.

• Highly effective on concrete, cement, grout, quarry dust and hard water scale
  • Non-corrosive surface safe formulation
  • Suitable for use on common hard surfaces including paintwork, glass, stainless steel, aluminium, plastic and rubber
  • Low odour, no harmful fumes
  • Biodegradeable
  • Like 1

My Dad used to have a concrete mixer, once a week it would be washed with acid to remove the concrete, would wonder wheels dissolve the concrete marks? I guess it would be ok on the paint as it does not damage lacquered alloy wheels. 

A good rinse and re apply wax might work.

I work at bus company tried some strong degreaser, cleared most of it up rear spoiler is the worst, as paint was already chipping will get that repainted.

I will  purchase some of the cleaner chris recommended for any future mishaps, and would like to thank you all for your help.

• Like 1

I used wonder wheels once on a 2011 vw transporter. I never left it on for long as it started desolving the cement very quickly. I used a soft paint brush to move the cement of the panel, then gave it a very good wash down with cold water then a very good polish. There was no damage that I could see or a year later when the van was sold. Do I think this was a good idea, NO, with the water based paints on cars now I think I could go wrong very easily.

• Like 1