Radio code amunsden

Hi all,

Bought a amunsden radio to go in my VRS off eBay over weekend. What's people's experiences of getting a radio code from the dealers?

Any other easy ways to get it?

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's off eBay and doesn't come with a code then it's a stolen unit. 

Otherwise if it's off eBay and does come with a code then:

a. If it's second hand then it's stolen

b.If it claims to be new it's probably stolen unless when you get it there is no evidence of screw heads against the four flanges.

Ask for the code from the seller. If they can't provide one then at the very least start a dispute and if it's a UK based seller then get the police involved.

My radio doesn't come with a code and was fitted in the car from new... They don't provide codes anymore so a owner that's selling it wouldn't know the code. It's programmed into the ecu by Skoda and is read when ignition is on. I'm not worried about it being stolen from the profile I am buying it from.

If it's off eBay and doesn't come with a code then it's a stolen unit.

Otherwise if it's off eBay and does come with a code then:

a. If it's second hand then it's stolen

b.If it claims to be new it's probably stolen unless when you get it there is no evidence of screw heads against the four flanges.

Ask for the code from the seller. If they can't provide one then at the very least start a dispute and if it's a UK based seller then get the police involved.

Why would it be stolen?

I've got a swing in my 2013 fabia. I've had the car from very very nearly new (it was in the family from new). I've got all the paperwork and everything it came with, but theres no code...

I wouldnt know it if i was to sell the head unit..

Why would it be stolen?

I've got a swing in my 2013 fabia. I've had the car from very very nearly new (it was in the family from new). I've got all the paperwork and everything it came with, but theres no code...

If you were to sell the HU you can get the code from the dealer (or rather the computer in the motherland) before you sell it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Why would it be stolen?

Easy money on a fairly high ticket item.

Back to topic please, my question wasn't is it stolen... It's more can you help?

EBay, or there maybe a car audio/auto electrician local to you who can do it. My old local dealer used to use a contractor for non simple things.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ebay sellers can get the code for you as long as the unit isn't on Skoda register of stolen units. You should pay in the region of a tenner for the code from the units serial number via ebay. Dealers are unable to help (as said) unless it's actually in the car it was fitted in from factory.

After that, there's a procedure for retrieving the code from the head unit but it involves desoldering a chip, saving the flash file, resoldering the chip and attaching a reader clip to a few connections on said chip, then running a bruteforce type program to try all combinations while disconnecting from the power every 3 attempts.

Essentially, ask the seller to get the code before you buy it, or buy one which is sold with code, or take a chance on it being stolen and losing your pennies.

This worked and was very quick. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Dealers are unable to help (as said) unless it's actually in the car it was fitted in from factory.

If the unit has the SKZ serial number on top of the unit, dealers are able to give you the radio code through elsa.