Is my VRS lower at front than the back, and why?

Morning, having parked up my car this morning I have noticed that my car is lower at the front then at the back. I have never really paid much attention before so don't know if its always been like this and I am just being paranoid?

I also have an issue where if im travelling over 60mph i hear/feel at slight flapping/tapping sound coming from the front right of the car? It doesnt affect steering or general driving just a very annoying sound?

Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe the 2 are linked?

Looks like someone has replaced the rear springs with standard non VRS springs.

Seconded, with a vague feeling that the fronts may be -20s for a vRS as well. 

Having said that, whilst this is excessive, lots of cars are set higher at the back when empty because there is more variablility in the rear suspension load.

On the "flapping" point, presuming the OP's car has a standard plastic undertray he could check whether or not all the fixings are still there.

yes will check the undertray out. Will leave the back how it is for now if it doesnt really affect anything. I did think at first it may be a broken front spring or something, but like i said doesn't affect handling/performance.

The VRS has a front heavy stance as std that helps turn in. But this is not right and too much. I would agree rear has std springs as typically the VRS is 25mm lower than a std Octavia both front and rear.

I am surprised your car is not drifting a little when turning.

would it be possible to fit vrs springs on a tdi? whats the difference in engine weights & springs/shocks?

Yes the will fit. The weights are similar the only reason vrs springs are shorter is to give the vrs a sporty stance and feel. But most vrs owners will still tell you springs and dampers not really that sporty[emoji4]

So a good upgrade for a none VRS car.

Yep, a classic case of wrong springs on the back. Just means whoever replaced the broken one(s) did not have a clue.

You may find that the headlight range is a little short as they will be pointing more downwards with the back that high up.

That's the second time you've said that, without explaining how that reduces the front end tyre to arch gap more than the rear one.

+1

i think he means the dip in the road is over compensating for the stance to be more exaggerated to the front

but makes no difference the gap between arch to tyre gives the game away something is not right.

That's the second time you've said that, without explaining how that reduces the front end tyre to arch gap more than the rear one.

I said in my first post park on a level carpark. When i park outside my house which is on a slope the front end is considerably lower then the rear compared to when the car is on a level

I said in my first post park on a level carpark. When i park outside my house which is on a slope the front end is considerably lower then the rear compared to when the car is on a level

Ok, measure your tyre top to arch top gaps on level ground, and on your drive having driven to both spots in the same direction. Do they actually change? 

Ok, measure your tyre top to arch top gaps on level ground, and on your drive having driven to both spots in the same direction. Do they actually change?

Im not going to that effort because it doesnt bother me. Im saying it has a similiar effect to what the OP posted

Im not going to that effort because it doesnt bother me. Im saying it has a similiar effect to what the OP posted

Sorry buddy, i don't see that significance to the OP post .... :D

It should not really make a difference at all if car front or back is in a dip. the suspension is still going to be the same height from tyre to arch give or take a minute change.

So to me it plays no part as far as I see it to the issue the OP has which to me is wrong rear springs or really buggered front springs. i would rule out buggered front springs as OP would notice that and plus the rear height/gap  is way to high between arch and tyre for a VRS. :notme:

OP get those rear springs changed dude and job done.

Think Euro car parts do Sachs springs for VRS at a good price 

• Like 2

As I said earlier the OP's car looks exactly the same as my VRS did when I bought it. Upon investigation it turned out the previous owner had an MOT failure due to a broken rear spring & bought springs from a Motor Factor as VRS fitment, but when I checked the colour code the springs were actually for an Octy TDI.

I fitted the correct VRS springs, & not only did the stance change considerably the handling was much improved too. It really is worth putting the correct springs on.

As I said earlier the OP's car looks exactly the same as my VRS did when I bought it. Upon investigation it turned out the previous owner had an MOT failure due to a broken rear spring & bought springs from a Motor Factor as VRS fitment, but when I checked the colour code the springs were actually for an Octy TDI.

I fitted the correct VRS springs, & not only did the stance change considerably the handling was much improved too. It really is worth putting the correct springs on.

We all agree dude.................... :p