Alloy wheel choices on the L&K = ZERO

As ever I'm not surprised, but I'm utterly flabbergasted by the alloy wheel options you get on the Yeti range. On a humble S you have the choice of THREE alloy wheel designs including a very en vogue near all black wheel...  yet on the top of the range L&K you have zero choice - you can't even specify Matterhorns (which are a £0 option on the Elegance - yes ZERO cost - Yet on an L&K you have to pay nearly a thousand pounds to your dealer, IF he is even willing get them for you!) All you get on the L&K is the most hideous, solid looking alloy wheel known to man.

Why oh why does SUK always manage to make such awful choices in their specification?

• Like 1

All you get on the L&K is the most hideous, solid looking alloy wheel known to man.

Calm now, Johann..... I actually really like all four of my black and silver (L&K B&S) Origamis. Far be it for me to say 'each to their own' and I do agree the lack of options that really wouldn't cost anyone anything to improve on is very bizarre.  

What were the other (black and silver) wheels available as accessories - Bloomers? [Here you go, post #47: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/302926-jungle-green-anybody-seen-one-in-the-flesh-yet/page-2  ]

Won't be long now until TIBET III gets the winter-shod Matterhorns on.

This is exactly the frustration I had when we ordered our Yeti around this time last year.

The L&K wasn't even available with the 170 DSG then - though it is now.

But the lack of options for getting L&K spec'd the way we wanted it meant we ended up paying more for an optioned up Elegance...

- Brown Leather only - no choice of Sand, Black or Alcantara

- One set of alloys only - no choice of any alternates

- Body Coloured roof only - no choice of Black/White/Silver

Was highly frustrating - and it seems, it still is.

Given it is supposed to be the flagship model for which they charge the highest price, you would think that it would be possible to spec it how you like and not feel robbed of some of the choices that the lesser model purchasers are offered.

This is exactly the frustration I had when we ordered our Yeti around this time last year.

The L&K wasn't even available with the 170 DSG then - though it is now.

But the lack of options for getting L&K spec'd the way we wanted it meant we ended up paying more for an optioned up Elegance...

- Brown Leather only - no choice of Sand, Black or Alcantara

- One set of alloys only - no choice of any alternates

- Body Coloured roof only - no choice of Black/White/Silver

Was highly frustrating - and it seems, it still is.

Given it is supposed to be the flagship model for which they charge the highest price, you would think that it would be possible to spec it how you like and not feel robbed of some of the choices that the lesser model purchasers are offered.

Maybe Škoda do not want the L&K to look like a specced up lesser model??

Brown leather... works really well with black, white, brown (yes i would group the bronze in the brown  :D  ) and green shades

Alloys ... not a lover of the Origamis either, but the winter Annapunas will be on shortly anyway  :D

Roof... wrap it if you want, i doubt it would cost as much as the factory painted option.

If you feel robbed now then just wait until you sell it and realise that all your options have added £0 to the price of the car 

• Like 2

If you feel robbed now then just wait until you sell it and realise that all your options have added £0 to the price of the car 

I didn't add options to add value to the car. I added them to allow me to enjoy the car whilst I own it. Funnily enough I buy a car to enjoy it, not worry about depreciation. If I was concerned about depreciation I'd buy a £500 car and just run it into the ground.

That said, my local dealer has pointed out to me that L&Ks are not holding their value anywhere near as well since the facelift and well spec'd Elegances are much more in demand. They have already asked me to let them make me an offer for mine when it's 2.5 years old.

I sent SUK an email about this.  Their reply:

Dear Mr ****

Thank you for your email dated 24 October 2014 regarding the alloy wheels on the ŠKODA Yeti L&K.

I can fully understand your frustration at the lack of choice for alloy wheels on the Yeti L&K; however the Factory has decided
that this model of car will only be built with the one choice of alloy wheel. They have made the decision to make this model of
vehicle as unique as they can, which means no other model of car will have the features that the L&K has and this is designed to
make the car stand out.

I can confirm that you comments have been noted and fed back to the Factory as we always welcome feedback from our customers.

I trust this information has been of help to you, but should you require any further assistance, then please feel free to
contact me on the telephone number listed below.

Thank you once again for contacting ŠKODA UK Customer Services.

Kind regards

I love how they as importer, who decides exactly what spec they want with what car, always blames "the factory" when pushed into a corner. Pathetic.

Surely a dealer can work around the factory/importer's restriction with a swap?!

If not there must be a long que for one and they can afford to be picky.

Agree lack of options is not good but they are the second best looking alloys available after the Matterhorns.

I just spent a few idle moments on the Skoda Auto website and visited Skoda Czech, Germany and France.

No L&K Outdoor in France but both Czech and German L&Ks are only available with black and silver Origamis as standard - as per the UK. Perhaps SUK were actually telling the truth? Do they really have the power to tell Skoda Auto what they want? 

Oh, and the nice brown/black interior is standard, too.

Skoda Auto in the Czech Republic have the final say.

Skoda UK have a certain amount of influence but as mentioned they are simply an importer.

They, like us, have to live by the rules set from the top.

I'm sure, out here, you could get what you wanted if you were dealing with more than one dealer and you had simply started by saying "I'd buy the car right NOW if it has 'those' wheels".

Skoda Auto in the Czech Republic have the final say.

Skoda UK have a certain amount of influence but as mentioned they are simply an importer.

They, like us, have to live by the rules set from the top.

In this case it seems to be true. But in many other cases it is obstinance from SUK to not give us all the choices. For example since 2009 in Europe you could have a double sunvisor. We still can't get it. Also the vertical luggage net behind the rear seats also only became available recently to us as did heated windscreen washers. Ireland also had MDI on RHD cars for a long time before we were deemed worthy enough to have such a thing. These things are and were not I suspect deemed not importable by the factory, but are things that SUK just didn't or don't care to offer us for whatever reason. Though with the Origamis and brown seats I think the decree is (for once) from the factory and not the more-interested-in-Hello-magazine bafoons at SUK.