Fabia mk1 52 reg 1.4mpi -

samj2013

Hi guys

Selling my Fabia 1, 52 reg 1.4mpi. Comfort spec, with aftermarket bluetooth sony cd player

I've had this car for the last year, it was my first car and it's been utterly reliable, lovely little car. I've been offered something bigger however, so I'm thinking of selling this. It's in really good nick, both mechanically and aesthetically, though there are some marks on the outside.

important bits:

• MOT until August 2015 - only advisory was something to do with under-body panels obscuring components? I didn't really understand that, as surely they're meant to be there and they will obscure components....
  • 99,000 miles on the clock, and rising, as it's in daily use. However it looks and runs like it has a lot less
  • Part service history - it has a full skoda service history up until about 2008/9 I think, and I'm assuming the guy that owned it after that was a DIYer, as it's patchy after that. I've serviced it once since I owned it, having done 12k miles in it so far.

Since I've owned it, it's had two front tyres, about 6k miles ago, I've changed the thermostat housing and temp sensor to fix a coolant leak. I changed the aux drive belt recently as well as the rocker cover gasket, and also the cooling fan, as it would overheat when sat in traffic. I've regularly cleaned the car inside and out, and it's in great condition, the inside is spotless, especially for a car of it's age. It uses no oil or coolant now, and the oil filler cap is clean - no HG issues. It recently had the front suspension bushes done, and I will include a couple of spares, as well as an offside ball joint.

the bad bits:

• As it was my first car, it's suffered a few scrapes here and there, there are a couple of scuffs on the bumpers, not huge. There's a small crack in the rear bumper that was there when I got it, and I've put a small scratch/dent in the rear offside arch, a couple of inches long, and it goes down to the metal. It's not huge, but enough to be annoying.
  • front electric windows can be temperamental - they always work, but they occasionally decide that the one-touch facility isn't going to work, not a big deal.
  • There's a leak in the screenwash pipe somewhere in the engine bay. The washer jets still work (the rear one just dribbles though), but the bottle just drains about halfway when you fill it up.
  • It has a misfire when idling, but is otherwise fine.

I think I'm being a bit picky there, as I like my car to be in good working order, and have tried to keep it that way.

I'm not entirely sure what it's worth, but I'm going to say £900. I paid £1500 from a trade seller this time last year, I probably paid over the odds a little, but I think £850 is fair given that it's probably in better mechanical condition than when I bought it.

I'm based in Bangor, North Wales, and I do often visit Nottingham and Bath. Viewings are welcome.

Please let me know if I've forgotten anything, or if you have any additional questions.

Cheers

post-110267-0-31487400-1414068101_thumb.jpg

post-110267-0-92469500-1414068130_thumb.jpg

Looks to be a good one :) I had a 110 Elegance estate for nine years and it was a good workhorse and soaked up the miles well. It's been past your road end a few times on return visits to Bangor, as SWMBO & I were students there in the late '80s. Good luck for your road trip tomorrow!

Ah excellent! Yeah my road seems to be fairly recognisable... Perhaps I should take photos elsewhere! Not a bad bit of the world either way. Small world too, lots of people I know seem to have studied at Bangor.

Think I'll be pretty well acquainted with the car after tomorrow!

Cheers