Paintwork warranty - very good news

My Superb is just under 8 years old with 85,000 miles on the clock.  I bought it at 3yo/30,000 miles with a fully stamped book but since then I have serviced it myself.

There was bubbling paintwork around the rear number plate light and some almost un-noticeable bubbles where the sills meet the rear wheelarches.  I was going to sort it myself when my son mentioned that these cars came with a 10 year anti-corrosion warranty.  I didn't hold out much hope because the service book hadn't been stamped in over 5 years but gave them a call anyway.  They asked me to bring it in for a look and after inspecting it said they believed that there was a manufacturing paint defect and that it should be repaired under warranty.  After they confirmed with Skoda UK that it would be covered, I took it in 10 days ago.  I picked it up today and, boy, am I well-chuffed or what!  A whole new boot lid, new number plate lights, sills and wheel arches sorted out.  It was also polished all over to a gleaming shine and 4 very grimy wheels are now sparking again.  I've heard others moan about manufacturers warranties being bad news but my experience with Skoda is very, very much better than I expected.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the 10 year anti-corrosion warranty is international or just Skoda UK?

I am having the same issue as described above (rear number plate lights paint bubbling) and since the age is < 10 years I was wondering if I can take advantage of this warranty...