Extended Warranty

AlexO

Hi have owned a 11 plate Cave VRS since the end if the last year! Manufacturers warranty ran out in March but dealer gave extended warranty till start of Jan 2015! Spoke to dealer the other day and was quoted £400 + for 1 year £600 + for 2 yrs!? Any others that have gone for extended Skoda warranty?

It is a 'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty',  

& it is underwritten by Car Care Plan ltd.

I paid £547,  for 2 years, so check with Skoda UK Customer Services for the price.

It might now be £600, or the Dealer might be wanting more commission than others do.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Hi have owned a 11 plate Cave VRS since the end if the last year! Manufacturers warranty ran out in March but dealer gave extended warranty till start of Jan 2015! Spoke to dealer the other day and was quoted £400 + for 1 year £600 + for 2 yrs!? Any others that have gone for extended Skoda warranty?

Do those quotes include Assistance, ie Europe-wide breakdown cover?

I have a car careplan waranty. It was £180 for a fabia 1.6tdi cr. I got a cheaper online price. I am paying 10 x £18 monthly payments. Maybe you could expect the 1.4 vrs to be a bit more expensive but I would have thought a good chunk less than £400 a year.

I have a car careplan waranty. It was £180 for a fabia 1.6tdi cr. I got a cheaper online price.

Is that for the Skoda Approved Extended Warranty and Assistance or one of the many other plans which Car Care Plan sells?

Is that for the Skoda Approved Extended Warranty and Assistance or one of the many other plans which Car Care Plan sells?

For £180 I suspect not, given the quotes I was getting to extend the warranty on my late fathers Fabia (£419 for one year).

£500 really is not bad for a warranty that includes full european roadside assistance and the callout is done through Skoda assist. Usually a Skoda approved breakdown truck will arrive that carries the same dealer diagnostic tools and basic spares onboard to get you going again.

Spoke to a Skoda UK today! £399 payable over 10 instalments if u wanna for 1 year! That's without the breakdown cover. £449 with.

They will only do a years cover if I want 2 years I have to go to a dealer!!

Or try provider directly!?

Different information than Skoda UK gave me.

But i suppose things change, or just people on the phone change.

I could have bought 2 years from them for the same as i paid at the Dealership,

but the Dealership Employee was so helpful i was happy for them to get the sale and the commission.

& It is good commission.

Oops sorry for late reply. Its was through the CSMA (civil service motoring association) website.The deal said internet only price. I did not go to the dealer. I think maybe the csma have a speacial deal with carcare plan. Also got 13 months cover. I should have explained that you would need to be a member of the csma to get this price.