Brake Parts

Hi, I need to replace the rear disks and pads on my 09 Diesel Octavia VRS Estate, it has a CR engine and TRW calipers.  My Haynes manual states that the disks that they should be 286mm diameter and I am struggling to find any.  Does anyone know the part numbers, and can you recommend a reasonably priced supplier.

Cheers,

Doug

Can't fault pagid discs and pads from eurocarparts, very similar to oem spec with anti rust coating. As disc size best to measure them yourself as rear ones vary on size.

Just done mine with pagid pads and discs from ECP and their never ending sale.

The carrier bolts are an absolute sod to undo and tighten. Also they are stretch bolts so must be replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Just done mine with pagid pads and discs from ECP and their never ending sale.

The carrier bolts are an absolute sod to undo and tighten. Also they are stretch bolts so must be replaced.

I've changed the brakes on my Elegance for VRS's but used old carrier bolts. It took me 5 hours (no kidding) to undo all 8 bolts (especially the rears were nightmare) as they were a bit rusted so I guess it wasn't good idea to use them again right?

Where can I get new ones? Can't find anything...

Sorry Doug for jumping into your thread

I've changed the brakes on my Elegance for VRS's but used old carrier bolts. It took me 5 hours (no kidding) to undo all 8 bolts (especially the rears were nightmare) as they were a bit rusted so I guess it wasn't good idea to use them again right?

Where can I get new ones? Can't find anything...

Sorry Doug for jumping into your thread

Dealer or TPS. Its the angle tightening that makes them so hard to remove together the complete lack of space.

I think the bolts are about £2 each.

• Like 1

The VRS came with 286mm for the first couple of years of manufacture, then sometime in 2007 changed to 282mm, then again in build wk45 of 2009 to 272mm.The 272mm used Bosch calipers so I would expect 282's on a 2009 model with TRW calipers.

Last time I changed my rear discs and pads I did not need remove the caliper carrier as they can be changed without being removed.

It depends on the size of the rear discs. Mine are something like 260mm and you can't get the discs off without removing the carriers.

Our old Leon has smaller discs 230mm ish and they do come off without problem.

Are these being changed because of wear or corrosion/pitting?

The pads are almost down to the metal and the discs have a step/lip. Found some OE TRW discs and pads on Ebay for £80 in the end.  Hopefully fit them at the weekend.

• Like 1