Servicing advice

Hi,

My 60 plate petrol vRS is just coming up 4 years old and out of service plan so I'll need to pay for this service, car only covered 32k, major service is due but it is twice as expensive as normal service, think only main differences are spark plugs, air and pollen filter replacements, worth paying the extra or get away with waiting another year / 8k miles.

Thanks in advance.

TSI engines have cam chains, not belts. The earlier TSFI engines had a belt, but yours doesn't. The major service is every 2 years so you won't really save anything over the next 2 years as you'll have 1 of each whichever way round you do it. Think the major one is an inspection service too, while the minor is just basically an oil and filter change. Your call obviously but I'd stick to the recommended plan just in case anything goes wrong and you want some goodwill from Skoda.

Don't get a major / variable service.

The only extra's you get on the major service over the fixed / annual service is an air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter and spark plugs.

If you check the service book in your glovebox you'll see that these extra items are rarely due before 60,000 miles or 5 years old.

Dealers who recommend a major service every other year are ripping owners off.

Pay the £139 for a minor / fixed service and if you want add the additional filters off their menu pricing as seperate items. It will still be a lot less than the £259 major service...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/servicing

• Like 1

Don't get a major / variable service.

The only extra's you get on the major service over the fixed / annual service is an air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter and spark plugs.

If you check the service book in your glovebox you'll see that these extra items are rarely due before 60,000 miles or 5 years old.

Dealers who recommend a major service every other year are ripping owners off.

Pay the £139 for a minor / fixed service and if you want add the additional filters off their menu pricing as seperate items. It will still be a lot less than the £259 major service...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/servicing

That's actually what they suggested I do. I asked to book in for a major service and he said I'll book you in for the minor service then we'll do the air and fuel filter on top as that's all that needs doing. Worked out loads cheaper.

Phil

• Like 2