1.6 Greenline re-mapped

ronhob

Had a re-map recently and what a difference in the torque in higher gears and performance. There is also a better mpg. Not fantastic but certainly an improvement. £250 well spent. I have had the car 3 months and was a bit disappointed with the torque in third and fourth but now no longer. Great result Sheffield re-map.

• Like 1

I'm guessing a company called Sheffield Re-maps.

You'd think so wouldn't you but as I'm local to Sheffield (and hadn't heard of them before), the name hadn't popped up on my radar.

Funnily enough, Google brings up lots of identical websites that cover my local area when I searched for this company. However, only identical in format and not price!

Welcome to the tuned Yeti Greenline club, what kind of results (figures) did you get?

Don’t mind (a handful of) the Yeti owners who may come across a little less than friendly, there are some of us who enjoy modifying the Yeti.

Edited by Gizmo68

Had the Yeti re -mapped at Slt re-mapping & diagnostics Ltd Fell Road Sheffield. It's next to Attercliffe Police Station. Bloke called Shaun runs the business and knows his stuff. Yes I was a bit worried about posting the topic but I am getting 4per cent better mpg. Not sure about torque figures but when you put your foot down wow what a difference .

Had the Yeti re -mapped at Slt re-mapping & diagnostics Ltd Fell Road Sheffield. It's next to Attercliffe Police Station. Bloke called Shaun runs the business and knows his stuff. Yes I was a bit worried about posting the topic but I am getting 4per cent better mpg. Not sure about torque figures but when you put your foot down wow what a difference .

Did you not get any dyno results then?, glad your happy with, i love mine, problem is ive plans for more power now!!

I'm all for re-maps, it saves you a few quid not having to buy a 140 or 170 for decent performance.

Mind you, there's a few places that aren't that good at remaps, so better use a recommended place

Yes but then you can remap the 170 and get 200+bhp!

• Like 1

Yes but then you can remap the 170 and get 200+bhp!

Ah but it won't be as light or low as the Greenline and you can add a coupe more tweeks to see up to 200bhp ;)

• Like 1

As yet untested speculation

What's your point? Other VAG cars with the 1.6tdi have seen those gains and more, with planned mods I don't see it as speculation to predict similar gains.

What's your point? Other VAG cars with the 1.6tdi have seen those gains and more, with planned mods I don't see it as speculation to predict similar gains.

I'm interested......any links?

Can push it to 340bhp but lots of work.

I thought it was only the TSI you could do this with?

200+ is very nice, but I'm glad of the 4x4 with it, My old 110 TDi Octy would wheelspin at the merest hint of damp on the road, but it's not often I see the TC light on the dash in the Yeti.

I thought it was only the TSI you could do this with?

200+ is very nice, but I'm glad of the 4x4 with it, My old 110 TDi Octy would wheelspin at the merest hint of damp on the road, but it's not often I see the TC light on the dash in the Yeti.

I was on about the CR170 mentioned.

I'm interested......any links?

Do your own research, but to help you out here is an ‘off the shelf' set up to take the VAG 1.6tdi from 104bhp to 200bhp

Torquetronixs Stage 3 Tuning Packages:

http://www.torquetronix.co.uk/Stage%203/Stage-3.aspx

Edited by Gizmo68

Do your own research but to help you out here is an 'off the shelf' set up to take the VAG 1.6tdi from 104bhp to 200bhp

Torquetronixs Stage 3 Tuning Packages:

http://www.torquetronix.co.uk/Stage%203/Stage-3.aspx

Useful link, but I'd hardly describe that huge package of goodies as "a couple of tweeks"

And they unsurprisingly don't quote a price on their website, which I'm quessing will be prohibitive to many people

• Like 1

Useful link, but I'd hardly describe that huge package of goodies as "a couple of tweeks"

And they unsurprisingly don't quote a price on their website, which I'm quessing will be prohibitive to many people

You didn't ask for a price, you said it was speculation which it clearly is not.

You didn't ask for a price, you said it was speculation which it clearly is not.

Your comment referred to "a couple of tweeks"......easily evidenced if you re-read your comment

The website you linked to clearly shows more than "a couple of tweeks"......easily evidenced by looking at the picture

As yet untested speculation

I did say to do your own reaserch and was giving you one example to refute your bold comment that 200bhp from a 1.6tdi was untested speculation.

Your comment referred to "a couple of tweeks"......easily evidenced if you re-read your comment.The website you linked to clearly shows more than "a couple of tweeks"......easily evidenced by looking at the picture

The ;) symbol clearly shows I was making a tongue in cheek comment, this seems to have been lost in your desire to have another pop at little old me.

Live long and prosper me old mucca.

• Like 1

Posts edited and others hidden.

We don’t need to read the same thing in multiple threads, either learn to get on with another, ignore them or if needs be block them so you cannot see their posts which obviously offend you.

• Like 1